ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Calling all Mac users running Safari browser

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/29/09 09:00 AM Views: 2804 Replies: 14
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Do you manage your web site with the Safari browser on Mac? If so, have you experienced any difficulties with saving captions under your Profile photos or setting the sort order of your Profile photos? We have a reported anomaly with the photo captions feature from a Safari for Mac user and I'm wondering if anyone else can produce any problems, such as not being able to save your captions, or the sort order of your photos simply not saving at all. Please report any issues here.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM - Response #1

Safari for Mac has always given me issues when trying to manage my cc site. However, in defense of cc, Safari has issues of their own. Although Safari is a great web browser, it can be quite a memory hog leading to issues, especially with third party plug-ins. I avoid making any changes via Safari and instead use Foxfire. One particular issue using Safari is the "source" button under the edit window does not function appropriately to add/edit cc pages.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM - Response #2

Is that right? What does the Source button do when you click it?

Why don't we use this item to list ANY Safari issues people might be having. When you post, please also indicate the version # of Safari that you are running.

There's no reason anything here shouldn't work with Safari. If it's not we'll want to get it fixed right away, especially with Safari being the main browser on the iPhone.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM - Response #3

Don't know if my reply is of any interest as I use Safari, 4.0.3(531.9.1), to manage my site but it's on a pc as opposed to a Mac. I have absolutely no problems.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 2:05 PM - Response #4

OK, I just changed our home page using Safari. CC must be making the necessary corrections as I was able to add images, etc. Just a few things...when up loading images, i.e. the two flashing balloons around the word "welcome", the one on the left popped right up and I was able to make image size changes. The right one wouldn't show up until I hit SAVE and then I had to go back in and make the size change. Same thing happened with HAPPY NEW YEAR towards the bottom. It wouldn't allow me to view it until after I saved it. The other issue I see on the home page is the table in the center. Viewing with Safari, the table crosses over top of the "today in history" column. Viewing in Firefox, the table is where it should be.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 2:40 PM - Response #5

The first one is just a code issue, not a Safari issue. Safari apparently wasn't dealing well with the double center tag. The net result was it offset your table even further to the right than centered. I just removed one of the center tags, looks ok now.

The other issue with the resize I'm not even going to look into at all. In just a few days we have a really slick new uploader/editor coming for Classmate Profile photos and the new Photo Gallery Maker feature that will replace what you see now.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM - Response #6

Brad, I'm using Version 4.0.4 (5531.21.10) Safari and have not noticed trouble.
However it is taking forEver upload photos just now. javascript:addSmiley('Shocked');

Marcia

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM - Response #7

The system will upload whatever you tell it to upload. Today's digital camera images are huge. So are image scans. If you want to kill a lot of unnecessary upload time just resize your images to 1,000 pixels wide before you upload them.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 5:32 PM - Response #8

I love using Safari. Didn't know I had issues with it until I had a problem, called for help and couldn't see a screen that I could see with FireFox.

That wasn't a problem for a while, but, FireFox has changed and not working as well ... slowing things down prevents certain pop ups or what it is calling pop ups.

It crashes easily and I have to force quite most of the time.

Would rather use Safari if I thought I wasn't missing something!
Thanks!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 7:01 PM - Response #9

Firefox locking up sounds like some type of computer problem. Could be any # of things causing that. You may want to sweep your machine for spyware or viruses. There's always Geeksquad or somebody like that. Weird that it's only locking up in Firefox though.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 2:19 PM - Response #10

I'm on on Mac 10.4 and I have experienced similar problems with Firefox. I would love to go back to Safari.
Classmate Jim

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 3:09 PM - Response #11

Sorry about the problems but glad I'm not alone on this. Didn't think with a mac you could have viruses and the last time I was at the apple store the guy said I couldn't pass it on. I started having a lot of slowness when ATT started their wireless program. I am on DSL but the original DSL wireless in the house.

I've been so frustrated on having to shut down. I will have to say I have a lot of pages up when it happens and a lot of stuff on the desk top.

I've used Safari more just to check the site and not planning on working on it. But, there is so much I'm not seeing with it!

Are you trying to get the site more user friendly with Safari? Sure hope so!

I have a mac and I won't go back ... unless I'm forced to financaially on this retirement! Laughing

Thanks so much for addressing this problem and I will take it to the Apple Store soon. Close one is a drive to St. Louis and we have SNOW AND COLD!
Thanks!
N

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM - Response #12

At this time I'm aware of no further issues using the Safari browswer with the Class Creator system. Safari should work great with Class Creator. If there's any particualr page or issue you're seeing though let me know and I'll be happy to check it out.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM - Response #13

Getting a blow out to the right with a table on home page with Safari but page displays correctly (stacked) in Firefox.... I've not resized table to see if that will correct the problem before you or programmers can take a look. Since it displays correctly in Firefox, I'm assuming it's an issue unique to Safari.

Thanks

Edited 01/30/10 9:05 PM
Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 10:08 PM - Response #14

Your first two tables had left justify applied to them. I removed that. Generally you don't want to add justification to a master table. If you do the next elements on the page will wrap to the right in Safari. IE and Firefox accommodated for it, but Firefox let the elements wrap right, blowing out the page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.