ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Hiring a photographer

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/23/23 02:51 PM Views: 442 Replies: 9
Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 2:51 PM

I am on the search for a photographer. I have a few names I will be getting quotes from.

Has anyone heard or used this group?

https://www.reunionphotographers.net/index.html

I am in NY and prefer to do a local photographer, but I am assuming this place does have someone local.
It almost sounds too good to be true so I know to proceed with caution!

Any tips on finding a good photographer?!

Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 3:08 PM - Response #1

Hi Meg,

Your might want to reach out to Rita, the admin for https://www.pasadenahs71.com/class_contact.cfm She uses them for her memory books and might be able to send you an example and overall feedback. I asked her if I could provide her information to admins about the service as other admins have asked.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 3:55 PM - Response #2
Class Reunion 2022 cropped.jpg

Luckily, one of our classmates and her husband own a photography business. They've taken the group photo at our last three reunions. I'd stay with someone local who has a good reputation.

When you take the group photo, be sure to take enough time to have everyone lined up so every face is seen. Use a neutral background if possible with no reflective mirrors. I'd recommend the photographer bring in portable lighting as well.

I've attached a photo from our last reunion so you may see how nice a professional group photo looks.

Edited 04/23/23 3:58 PM
Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 8:00 PM - Response #3

WOW, that's a really great photo. I tried to get our admins to get better photos. You have no idea the junk I've received.

That's one of the best photos I've seen. Always upload to the FILE vault, NOT the image vault to keep that awesome quality.

Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 8:17 PM - Response #4

That is a wonderful picture!!
We had a nice picture for our 40th! I just found the photography business card from our 40th, so I will be giving that photographer a call!

Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 8:18 PM - Response #5

Jessica,

Thank you!! I will reach out to her.

Monday, April 24, 2023 at 11:24 AM - Response #6

Scott,

Couldn't agree more with Jack and Meg. That is one great photo!

FC

Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 1:58 PM - Response #7

I agree with Jack, Meg, and F C!

In every group photo, the photographer in me steps up to look at posing. For our reunion last June, I trusted our professional photographer after viewing her work for a few years. Her "if you can't see me, I can't see you" did not give the best result. If on a PC, you can view the photo in the header of mchs1970.com. This photo was the best of several.

Thanks for sharing your photo, Scott Moore.

Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 3:28 PM - Response #8
resized.jpg

That brings up an interesting technical issue I try to get my classmates to do. Don't send tiny images under 1000 but also try to keep images around 2400 if you have a program that resizes (most systems today the OS has that or online stuff).

When choosing a picture always be aware of the bandwidth required for a LARGE image that slows response time. Large does not mean better quality since they get resized to "fit".

Scott's image is 2400 x 1156 = 0.9 MB
Gwens image is 5076 x 2530 = 2.8 MB

Both resized to "shrink to fit" to 1230x 350 or so to fit the banner (Scott's would be a tad smaller display in "classic". Yet Scott's is way crisper with a smaller size - plus a great camera vs 5076.

Attached is the 5076 resized to Scott's size of 2400 wide and now .6 MB - a reduction in size by over 4 and 4X faster download, yet the same perceived quality image.

Edited 04/30/23 3:30 PM
Monday, May 1, 2023 at 12:33 AM - Response #9

Thanks, Jack. My laptop was limping along when I added the June 2022 photo. I will take your advice soon.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.