ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Remove name from Profile Update

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/16/10 09:19 PM Views: 1986 Replies: 7
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 9:19 PM

When adding a guest name to my classmates, I accidentally checked "Show this change....in "Profile Updates" box on the home page", and now I can't delete the name in the profile update. Is there any way I can do that?

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 10:47 PM - Response #1

The only 2 options would be:

1) Delete the guest and then re-add the guest. That will remove the Profile Updates entry.

2) Edit your home page and hide the Profile Updates box completely until that name has dropped off the list.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 10:56 PM - Response #2

Thanks! I used option #1, and cleared up the problem.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 9:29 AM - Response #3

Whenever I update my profile, I DO NOT check the box indicating Show this change....., yet it still shows up in the Profile Updates box on the home page. Is this just because I am the administrator, or does it show up for everyone? (This has happened every time I've made a change to my profile.)

Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 9:32 AM - Response #4

My first question is are you absolutely sure of this? If you just click "Edit Profile" there is no checkbox and it's automatically going to show as a Profile update. You have to go in as an Administrator and click on Manage Classmates, then click the Enter/Edit Classmates button, then click the Profile link next to your own name and then select the checkbox to exclude it from being an official Profile update. If you're sure when doing it this way that you still show as a Profile Update let me know, and I'll go into your site and see what might be causing that.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM - Response #5

I did my update from Manage Classmates. By checking the box, doesn't that mean to show it? Anyway, I tried it both ways, and it still shows up in the Profile Updates box on the home page.
I'm sure there is something I am missing, but I just can't seem to find it.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 9:59 AM - Response #6

Sorry, we changed it awhile back so any admin edit is NOT a Profile Update unless you CHECK the box. So you have to click to include it, not click to exclude it. In any case, I was unable to duplicate the problem. Looks like it's working fine. If this was happening from this location we'd hear about it daily. My guess is you either clicked the Edit Profile link under your regular Members Links and did the update that way, or did you possibly do something else, such as add a photo at the same time? Photo additions are always considered a Profile Update.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 10:08 AM - Response #7

Aha, I changed out some photos. Since I could not find this exact same problem in the forum, I assumed it was something I was doing or not understanding.
Thanks for the continued instruction.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.