ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Directions for Tables

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/01/15 09:31 AM Views: 937 Replies: 3
Monday, June 1, 2015 at 9:31 AM

Is there a place to learn more about making tables in the editor? I can do some basic things, but today I wanted to bring the photo of blue jays to the top of the border and couldn't. This photo is at the top of my home page. I did find some directions for tables by searching the forums, but it would be nice to have them in one spot online. I use a Mac and iPad, if that makes a difference.
Thanks to everyone who helps the rest of us in the forums!

Monday, June 1, 2015 at 7:59 PM - Response #1

I think you are talking about the tiny blue band at the top and want to remove that?

The tiny blue band is an HTML issue (you have a blueish background-color: rgb(51, 153, 204) set for the table) and the paragraph < p > is creating a space filled by that color.

Remove the < p > and < /p > around the img tag (in editor source mode).

Not sure if the editor will force it back on a save. Editor has some annoying features about adding stuff. Try removing manually. Might work.

You can also try not using a table to contain the image so it floats in it's own space.

Monday, June 1, 2015 at 8:41 PM - Response #2

Your suggestion worked, Jack! Very Happy Thanks for the tip about floating a photo in its own space, too. I assume you mean I could use a table for the text and not include the photo inside the table.

Monday, June 1, 2015 at 9:12 PM - Response #3

Yes. The "table" is already inside a "table", so just the image by itself can work.

Make the image about 424 wide so it fills and looks "centered". With your padding of 7px, you automatically get a "border".

However, remove the height spec or re-lock it. If no height is set, just setting the width always keeps proper proportions. Makes it easier to tinker with width.

Using a sub-table as you did simplifies centering an image inside since the table "container" can be centered as the image 'fills' the cell.

Looks good now too. Just FYI info in case you want to maximize the image width. There's actually a bit more table width available too if you like to experiment maximizing/using available space.

Edited 06/01/15 9:12 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.