ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Ghost Administrator can't sign in

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/28/17 12:17 PM Views: 862 Replies: 14
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 12:17 PM

I manage my husband's class site and can no longer sign in on my own computer though I can sign in on his. I use the same email address and password on both as I always have. Has something changed with logging in again?

Thanks, Carole

His web site is thestreatorhighschool1958.com

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 4:54 PM - Response #1

Nothing has changed. You must have a unique password from his to be distinguished. I would simply clear all cache and history to then attempt a new login. Be sure that you are always logging out after your sessions as well.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 7:49 PM - Response #2

I had a classmate that had similar problem. But he bought a new laptop snd his problem went away. Never did figure that out.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 8:03 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the laugh, Charlie! Buying a new laptop should correct the problem. Laughing

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 8:35 PM - Response #4

Really wasnt trying to be funny. He could log in from anywhere but the one laptop. He reported it to me and was working with cc to resolve. My classmate decided to buy new laptop (for other reasons) and his problem disappeared so I lost interest. I think was browser security issue but dont know.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 10:12 PM - Response #5

Here's another laugh -- sort of

I did as Scott suggested and cleared history and cache and just to make sure things would work, I also made sure my husband was signed out of the site on his computer.

Now, not only can't I sign on, he can't either. He uses 2 different computers. The old one has Windows 7 like I do, and the new has Windows 10. (He's not sold on 10 so 7 still gets the most use.) Bottom like here is "a new computer is not always the answer."

Since his class site began many years ago, I have always used his email address and password to sign on and "manage" things. Today I can't get on the site using on any of the three lap tops. Something's gone wrong or I've made the same dumb mistake over and over all day and evening.

Edited 03/28/17 10:18 PM
Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 8:19 AM - Response #6

Have you tried using a different browser to see if it is a browser issue?

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 8:20 AM - Response #7

What does this mean " can no longer sign in on my own computer"?
Does it mean that you can't click the button? Does it mean you get an error?

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 9:23 AM - Response #8

This morning my husband Bruce was able to get on his site using Chrome on his computer. I had tried last night and could not.

I cannot get on with my computer using Chrome; but this morning, when I try, CC is changing his email address at log on to mine. It's almost like it's saying, "You're not Bruce; you are Carole." Smart CC to finally catch up with me.

Could there be some automatic setting in Chrome that places the owner's email address at any sign in? I never intentionally signed on for that.

Firefox does not change the email address. It just goes back to the log on screen with options for my email address or Bruce's.

This is sooooo strange. I also tried to sign on with IE but that went no where.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 9:26 AM - Response #9

It means that when I choose Bruce's email address at log in, it accepts and inserts it into the box and automatically places the password in place. I will then hit "log on," and it pauses and then goes back to the log on screen with the choices in email addresses. It does not give me any error message; it just refuses to log on.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 1:59 PM - Response #10

Sounds like your browswer is set to Remember Forms,but may be 'remembering' different things from multiple tries using the same form. And the way it works currently, as long as the email address is a valid format (xxxx@someisp.com), you won't get any error message if you typo the address or the password does not match the email address. It will just start over.

Edited 03/29/17 2:02 PM
Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 3:44 PM - Response #11

You're right. It was set to remember, but I've just cleared that from "the beginning of time" as the computer called it. Now,I'm trying to remember all the sign ins I used to have that were automatic.

To solve not being able to log on to my husband's site as I've always done, I added myself as a new member with my own email address; and I made myself an administrator. I can now log on and "do my thing;" but it is still strange that all of a sudden my old method no longer works.

Thanks to All for trying to help!
Carole

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 6:22 PM - Response #12

Idea: Click forgot password for the old email link. Then click on that and redo it. Sometimes the savepassword file gets corrupted. FF will ask you to update the PW when that happens.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 4:48 PM - Response #13

Hi Kyle!

I would like to try Jack's suggestion to reset the password and have sent several "please help" messages and received "password reset email on-its-way" replies. None, however, has been received.

My husband's site is thestreatorhighschool1958.com and his email address is indianamackey@aol.com

Please check.

Thanks,
Carole

Edited 03/30/17 4:50 PM
Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 10:04 AM - Response #14

Jack!

I finally had a chance to try your suggestion to change the password in case it became corrupted. It worked perfectly! I can now log on as before.

Many thanks!
Carole

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.