ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Care/Concern Notices or Messages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/13/12 02:15 PM Views: 3812 Replies: 5
Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I want to add a page or an announcement section to let classmates know who among us is having health issues/concerns (no specifics) and in need of an e-card, prayers or what have you and to let them we are thinking of them.

I am looking for examples and/or suggestions on how to handle this.

One thought is to specify a page with a button on our home page to link so only classmates can view.

Any help is appreciated.

Mary

Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM - Response #1

We have a 'Prayers and Concerns' page that I created in the 'Survey' section.

I cannot remember WHY we made it to where they had to be approved first, but it was last used in February of this year.

<><><><><><><><><>

This page is viewable only to site members who are logged on.

To submit material, please do so via the 'Contact Us' tab at the top of this page - enter 'Prayer Request' in the subject line. One of the site administrators will post your request as soon as practical. Please include phone number[s] for the administrator to contact you if there is some clarification needed. You phone number will not be posted on this page.

I have seen other classes use the Forum for such announcements.

Friday, December 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM - Response #2

Hi Mary,
Anyone (logged in) can post an announcement. I created a space on my homepage, asking alumni to post announcements concerning anyone affected by Hurricane Sandy. You can do the same-- calling it anything,-- a 'pray for' announcement, an 'inform us' department, a 'what's new? YOU tell us!' paragraph. I found that's the best way to go. As soon as anyone logs in, They can see whether or not it is appropriate. Oh, make sure you put that in as a disclaimer
Barbara

Friday, December 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the suggestions.

It will be a few days before I can get something going.

Mary

Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 1:51 AM - Response #4

This is a sample and a bit more info of what I have for two sites. In a thread under TAP FORUMS on TAP - The Administrator's Place, I included further information. Our mascot is a WARRIOR.

EDIT ADD: We do not include specifics on this page unless requested or approved by the classmate or a family member.

I use the Gallery Creator for this (and most of the pages on the sites I built) as a regular page. It gives me the ability to move the page in the menu.

Edited 12/15/12 1:56 AM
Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM - Response #5

Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.