ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Making a Payment

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/26/11 10:27 PM Views: 1231 Replies: 7
Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM

How does a registered user make a payment after purchasing something? We have the reunion planner turned on and two items are for sale that allow participants to purchase tickets to the reunion. The option is selected to allow participants to pay later.

The payment system works fine as we have received payments but I don't know how to tell people where to go to make a payment after they purchase something and then leave the site and come back.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Friday, May 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM - Response #1

You currently have your option for payments set to: Allow Classmates to register now but make payment later. I would suggest selecting the second option: Require Classmates purchase at least 1 item in order to submit registration (this will disallow the ability to register without buying anything).

When the classmate registers, they will be required to make a purchase to complete the registration process. You are accepting credit cards and checks. If they select check, they will be sent an email and provided withthe info as to where to send the check. If they select credit card, the will be prompted for their CC info to complete the registreation.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your recommendations but I'm really just interested in how people can return to the site and make a payment on something they've ordered. Is there a way to do this? Is there an option I need to set to have people gain access to the store?

Thanks,

Jim

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:02 AM - Response #3

When they go to the 30 Year Reunion page, the system will show that they are registered, but they will also have the option to make a purchase at the bottom of the page. You can simply let people who may have registered know to return to the 30 Year Reunion page and scroll to the bottom to select their tickets and complete their purchase.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM - Response #4

Thank you Scott. I do see now that when the option to pay later is selected, the users have a link to pay for the order.

The reason I was not able see the payment option was because the order I was testing was already marked as paid by check. I'm assuming there isn't a way for users who select pay by check to go back later and change the payment type to credit card? This is what happened with one of the users and they wanted to know how they could go back and change this. Am I right in assuming I should have them just create another order and have them pay by credit card?

Thanks again.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 8:21 PM - Response #5

You can also delete their order and then have them create another order if they want to pay by credit card. To delete the order, go to Reunion Planner, Attendees, click on the classmate, then EDIT ITEMS, then DELETE ORDER

Friday, June 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM - Response #6

I'm having a problem....

I have it set up to REQUIRE that people purchase at least one ticket to register but it is letting people register and say they are attending the reunion without paying. What is the problem there?

Also, for those that are saying they are coming, it's not counting their spouses. That's an error too, right?

Thanks!

Friday, June 3, 2011 at 8:04 PM - Response #7

You are probably confusing the "Attending Reunion" profile question with actually signing up for the reunion. Classmates can edit their profile and say "Attending Reunion" to say that they intend to go to the reunion. When they do this, they will see a pop-up alert box saying that they aren't actually signing up for the reunion and to click on your REUNION link to pay for their ticket.

Where are you saying it isn't counting spouses? If you are talking about "Attending Reunion" on your "Classmates" page, it isn't supposed to. If you are talking about on the Reunion Planner, REPORTS, then that would be a bug, but I checked it out and it is counting spouses on that page.

If you aren't talking about the "Attending Reunion" flag, please name one classmate who has signed up for the reunion (is visible on the Reunion Planner/Attendees page) and they didn't pay for a ticket?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.