ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates option

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/05/09 04:53 PM Views: 1399 Replies: 5
Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Im not sure if this has been brought up but I thought about it while sorting through my missing classmates.

if there was an option to let people know which classmates you had no contact info for at all.

which ones you had contact info for but had no joined.

that way those who want to help search for the really missing people would know which names to go through.

as of right now I am manually going through my classmate lists and typing No Info beside the ones I have no clue where they are. But it seems there could be a better way.

Maybe seperating them into two sections/groups of totally missing section and the im to lazy and havent joined yet section...(just random names lol)

ideas/thoughts? has this been metioned before?

Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:38 PM - Response #1

And then I saw this already brought up in another thread...i should read back more often before I post...*rubs head*

Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:40 PM - Response #2

Sarah Rebecca "Becky" Espinosa wrote:

And then I saw this already brought up in another thread...i should read back more often before I post...*rubs head*

Can you find the thread and post it here, so everyone doesn't have to search for the answer?

Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:42 PM - Response #3

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=F172C627-C08C-FF46-334318CC392325EA

there you go

Edited 03/05/09 5:43 PM
Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:53 PM - Response #4

The "Missing Classmate" icon option is coming for those who want to show it. On Task List marked low priority, which means in all reality it will be quite some time before this is implemented. But, all things on the Task List eventually get implemented. For now, I suggest you click on Edit Site Pages, click the Edit button next to your Missing Classmates page, and select a criteria that to you means "these folks are truly missing."

Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 6:44 PM - Response #5

I had the same problem ...
This is what I do: Every time I find address/phone/email information about a classmate I enter it under the Manage Classmate Edit tool, BUT I enter a "*" in front of the classmate's first name. Then when I download the list to Excel I can sort by first name ... all the "*" names are grouped together.

The "*" does not show up on the "Classmate Profile" list or when you sort my photo, BUT it does shows up on your Manage Classmate Edit Classmate list.

I even go another step further for my "*" classmates in the Classmate Notes Section ... I have a Code system set up so I know where I discovered the "*" contact information. I put 10 for 10 Reunion, 20 for 20 Reunion, Face for Facebook etc.

As a classmate joins the site I just have to remember to remove the "*" if they do not remove it themselves.

Edited 03/05/09 6:46 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.