ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Link to Notice Board

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/13/16 04:23 AM Views: 1230 Replies: 11
Monday, June 13, 2016 at 4:23 AM

If I get a notification that someone has posted a reply to something I've posted on my Notice Board clicking the link takes me to their Profile and not the Notice Board. Why?

Monday, June 13, 2016 at 2:16 PM - Response #1

Please send me an email with an example that I can take to the programmer.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 6:16 AM - Response #3

An example of what, Scott? If it's the notification we receive then I might not get another for a while. It's just the standard notification when someone else posts something on my Notice Board (What's New). Clicking the link on it takes me to the Profile of the Classmate who's made the post rather than the Notice Board (What's New).

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 10:50 AM - Response #4

Forward an example notification to my email address - customersupport@classcreator.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 5:50 AM - Response #6

Scott,

I've been pointed in the right direction by another on the Forum and it appears my understanding of how Notice Board/What's New worked was mistaken. I understand more now. Apologies for bothering you unnecessarily. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 3:45 PM - Response #7

Can someone please tell me, if I click on a link in a notification that tells me that someone has posted a comment on my Notice Board (What's New)where should I be taken?

Why do I get taken to the poster's Profile page and not where the comment has been made on the Notice Board which is surely where I need to be?

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 5:19 PM - Response #8

What's new is a collection of information posted throughout the site. Are you sure the original post was not on the profile page?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 6:45 PM - Response #9

Mark,
Your Notice Board (What's New page) is not really a page like our other pages which contain things we put there. It's built 'on-the-fly' by Class Creator software scanning our site for 'new' items and conveniently displaying them all in one place - so people won't have to search the entire site to find them.

Since the Notice Board 'page' displays duplicates of 'new' things found elsewhere on your site, when someone posts in the Notice Board page, that post has to go somewhere so it can be found and displayed the next time the Notice Board is built.

When a member posts in your Notice Board, that post is actually saved as a message/post in the profile of the user who posted it - and will then display in the Notice Board page as well since it will have been found in the search for 'new' items. So the notify link points to where that post actually 'lives' on your site - in the profile of the person who posted it.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:30 PM - Response #10

That's probably how it works John, but not necessarily the right way to do it. FB certainly doesn't go to the FB user that posted something. It goes to the accumulated posts from everyone.

It ends up in a threaded discussion from various members, pretty much like this forum.

FB can also create neighborhood groups, which sort of behave like a CC What's New. You never go to the user's profile, just always to the "neighborhood" discussion(s).

Didn't this confusion about clicking a link and being taken to profile (not What's New) come up right away?

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 7:36 AM - Response #11

I can't be sure, Jessica. I'll track the next one I get a notification about and ask the member who posted it where the original post was started. However, I do believe that members usually post direct to the Notice Board (What's New) to get a general conversation going among all members although some will make an individual comment on a member's Profile.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.