ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/14/09 09:23 PM Views: 1614 Replies: 3
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Hi All,

I know I've seen other posts on this subject, but couldn't find them in the archives. I have made one of our customizable pages a "Photo Gallery" page -- with the thought that classmates could send jpgs to my personal email account and then I'd upload them to the page.

How do I do that? I see the "Image Button" but when I click it and try to draw an image box, it doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jennie

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 8:00 PM - Response #1

Do you have a pop-up blocker turned on. The image upload opens in a small window. Check the toolbars at the top of your browser to see if it is blocking it.

If you have more than one browser you might want to try the other one to see if it is happening in both.

Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 3:22 PM - Response #2

I need help. I uploaded some pictures to a custom link and I can see them on the edit site page but if i pull them up on the link page on home page i can only see one picture

Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM - Response #3

Holey smokes, you are uploading images to the system that are 25 megabytes EACH. That's so large apparently it's getting past our automatic image resizer and they're actually making into your web site at this gigantic size. I've never seen this before. There are two things you need to do here:

1) First, I'd delete all images you've uploaded to your December page. Even on high speed connections it will take Classmates forever to download even 1 of those. Instead, open them in Irvanview (free downlaod at www.irfanview.com) and resize them down to 1,000 pixels wide first (save them in the JPG format), and THEN upload them to the system. That'll work far, far better for you.

2) Make sure you press your Enter key at least one time before uploading a second, third, fourth image, etc. That way all of your images will appear single file. If you don't, then they will all go horizontally across your page. Your images are all there, they are just next to each other rather than below each other.

Edited 01/17/09 8:32 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.