ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can't Get Rid Of White Space

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/26/10 11:24 PM Views: 1096 Replies: 2
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I have extra white space on my homepage just before my table with the red devil image. When I view it in EDIT it looks fine - without the extra white space. Can anyone tell me what is causing this and how to get rid of it? Thanks much.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 12:15 AM - Response #1

It is fixed. The problem is that you had the table with a width of 425. The maximum width on the home page is 420. I changed the table width and now the table popped back up where it should be.

Here is a quote from the FAQs page:

HOME PAGE: Do not upload images or embed objects on your home page wider than 420 pixels. Your home page is in columns and images can't be too big here. If a third party object exceeds 420 pixels, press the Source button in the upper left corner of your editor to adjust the width and height so your object does not exceed 420 pixels.

SUB PAGES: Do not upload images or embed objects on your sub pages wider than 646 pixels. Your sub pages have precisely 646 pixels of space available for content, so if you upload an image or embed an object exactly 646 pixels wide it will fill the entire page body area except for a small default margin area to the left and the right.

ANNOUNCEMENTS WITH NO BULLETS: Images and third party objects inserted into your Announcements area must be 398 pixels wide or smaller.

ANNOUNCEMENTS WITH BULLETS: Images and third party objects inserted into your Announcements area must be 390 pixels wide or smaller if you have turned on the auto bullet feature, which places a bullet before each of your Announcements.

Edited 05/27/10 8:19 AM
Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM - Response #2

Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.