ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Embedding a large video

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/11/13 03:08 PM Views: 1147 Replies: 9
Monday, November 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Hi,
I have an "edited" video of our reunion. It is 2 hours long. I know that it's way too large to put on my site as is. Can you suggest the way to upload it ? I know the other alternative would be to find a video uploading site and then embed it onto my site. I've looked at so many sites but wondering which one you recommend. Thanks in advance...Smile

Monday, November 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM - Response #1

I've seen longer videos on http://vimeo.com/ I didn't see a cap on the length of video but you might want to check with them first. If they allow a video that long it will likely fall into their plus package: http://vimeo.com/plus

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, November 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM - Response #2

YouTube is now unlimited, but you have to go through an extra verification step LINK

Make the video unlisted so it won't show up for searches.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM - Response #3

Good info. Thanks Jack

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:22 PM - Response #4

My experience was with You Tube. Our video of our Memorial Dedication ceremony was almost 2 hours long. It was sent to me for uploading by one of my classmates. He sent it using Dropbox, because one cannot email that large of a file. When I downloaded it, it came in 5 parts. Four parts were over 20 minutes long, but after I "verified" with You Tube, it accepted all 5 parts. So on our website, we have 5 videos in sequence. There may be a better way to do this, but I don't know of one. The video isn't password protected so you are welcome to go to our website and take a look.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM - Response #5

Thanks for sharing, Tim!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM - Response #6

My pleasure, Gwen. I try to help. When I'm not sure, I try to keep my big mouth shut.Very Happy

Friday, December 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM - Response #7

I have not been able to download a video directly from YouTube. Always got an error message. I was able to download it to my Facebook page and then download from there to my Profile Page. I don't understand the difference. FWIW

Friday, December 27, 2013 at 9:44 PM - Response #8

Randy, you found a special 'download from Facebook to CC site' button? And you are not sharing because...? Smile Just kidding, Randy.

In the past, we copied the embed code. Now we simply copy the URL. Give it a try. Then check out your profile, I shared a YouTube video with you.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM - Response #9

Thanks Gwen! Have a wonderful New Year filled with lots of Joy & Love.

Randy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.