ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Senior Photos

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/14/09 07:19 PM Views: 3207 Replies: 8
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Hi:
I'm in the process of scanning our senior year book for pictures. Does anyone have a good way of taking pictures off scans? What program do you use? Our yearbook is in black and white gray scale. Is there a software program with works better than others to edit each photo?

I'm lost on how to do this correctly, or most of all with ease. With 360 classmates this is going to be job.

Thanks!
Jodi
Boylan 1984 Reunion

Edited 01/14/09 7:24 PM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 7:32 PM - Response #1

Hi Jodi
I'd get yourself a flatbed scanner.
Scanning software is included.
Scan and save each full page at a pretty high-resolution and then crop and save each individual picture from your original file.
I use Photoshop for editing, but there are several other programs on the market that will do the job.
Hope this helps!
Don

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 7:37 PM - Response #2

Hi Jodi,

If you need a free image editor you can use
Irfanview

Edited 01/14/09 7:39 PM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 8:33 PM - Response #3

I use Picasa 3. It is free from Google, crops, imports, and does all type of "adjustments". Just google Picasa and download. Another thing I like is the ability to upload photos to online albums, which you can then link your site to for viewing. Look at my site under Photo Albums to see what I mean.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 8:37 PM - Response #4

UPDATE. SEE THIS SITE FOR THE SAMPLE. I used the wrong site in the post before.

www.classcreator.com/laurinburg-NC-Standy67-1967

I use Picasa 3. It is free from Google, crops, imports, and does all type of "adjustments". Just google Picasa and download. Another thing I like is the ability to upload photos to online albums, which you can then link your site to for viewing. Look at my site under Photo Albums to see what I mean.

Edited 01/14/09 8:38 PM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM - Response #5

Hi Jodi,

I have had alot of success with the editing program used in "Photobucket" at Photobucket.com It is easy to learn and easy to use and a great place to store and share your photos. The account is free.

Good Luck!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 9:50 PM - Response #6

check out the online image editor at aviary.com .. it's like photoshop on the web!

Friday, January 16, 2009 at 12:25 AM - Response #7

I used irfanview to crop and slide.com to make albums. My albums are then viewed right on the sight. You can see my Now & Then on the Homepage.

Edited 01/16/09 12:29 AM
Friday, January 16, 2009 at 12:50 AM - Response #8

Jodi, a fellow admin once gave me these tips. I'll try to link the page.blackandwhiteyearbookphotos

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.