ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

uh-oh, what happened?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/12/09 10:30 PM Views: 1260 Replies: 2
Friday, June 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM

BRAD FOR PRESIDENT! You are amazing & patient. For some reason our Message Forum pages 53 & 54 suddenly E X P A N D E D. There are several youtube videos on it but can't see what would cause the horizontal expansion. It just isn't as convenient to read through the pages. Help, please.
Thanks. Carrol

Edited 06/12/09 10:33 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 12:00 AM - Response #1

In the forums, almost every time you can spot the problem by scrolling down the entire page and looking for an image or piece of text that stretches really long across the page. Almost always the element will be near the bottom of the page (i.e. it just recently happened). In your case page 54 had a super long hyperlink on it with no spaces. On page 53 somebody typed in FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I removed most of the characters so it also didn't blow out this forum). The system will wrap text naturally whenever there is a space. But if somebody types in numerous characters in a row with no space, the system has nowhere to wrap and the forums widen as a result to accommodate the long text.

Edited 06/13/09 12:00 AM
Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM - Response #2

Thanks so much. I kept looking at the videos thinking one of them must be too large. Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.