ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Creator Web Service API

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/09/14 02:54 PM Views: 814 Replies: 7
Friday, May 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Does Class Creator have a Web Service API?

Edited 05/09/14 2:55 PM
Friday, May 9, 2014 at 2:56 PM - Response #1

No. However, it would be easy enough to create a simple iFrame to allow third party development. Did you have something in mind?

Friday, May 9, 2014 at 3:21 PM - Response #2

I had a vague idea about building an iOS app for our grad class that would combine certain information from our CC data and other web services and social connection.

Friday, May 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM - Response #3

What data would it need to pull from our system? Why only iOS? No Android?

Friday, May 9, 2014 at 5:38 PM - Response #4

I'am an iOS developer, not Android.

As to data needs - I wss going to let any existing api drive that, see what's available go from there.

As I wrote earlier it was a vague idea. But I kind of thought a mobile app that would enable quick and easy access for members to stay in touch with their class site, possible integration with some social media without having to know much about it.

Additionally, we looking at having members capture photos during reunion events and posting them to a "live as it happens" location for those unable to attend to view - perhaps a Photo Gallery on the class site.

Friday, May 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM - Response #5

Ok, I see. There is no existing API. In my first comment I talked about a simple iFrame, but of course that would be for a web app not mobile.

If you can tell us the exact data you'd need to tap for your mobile app I can check with the programmers as to the merits of making it possible.

Friday, May 9, 2014 at 7:21 PM - Response #6

Interesting.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.