ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unauthorized classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/01/11 11:28 PM Views: 1001 Replies: 6
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Is there any way that classmates can be inserted without an administrator's knowledge? We have two classmates that I just recently received bounce back emails for. Their addresses seem to be bogus and their member ID numbers are the highest, I think indicating that they were the last two added and they weren't in our annual or on the graduation list. And so far none of our committee seems to have heard of them. Does all of this mean that we have been hacked? Can somebody do this using the system password?

I have given limited admin privileges to several people. Is there a way to see who has these privileges without going to each profile and checking?

Thanks,
Jim

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM - Response #1

If you are talking about MARY REYNOLDS (SMITH) and John Kanitz, these are the two default classmates to show you the format of a man and a woman classmate. you forgot to delete them before you uploaded your class list.

One secret way to see who is an admin is to go to your PREFERENCES page. Click the drop-down and you will see all of those who have admin priveledges

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 11:55 PM - Response #2

You can delete these two classmates.

There are about 80 websites where "mary_smith@gmail.com" is one of the classmates.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 12:09 AM - Response #3

Kyle Erickson wrote:

There are about 80 websites where "mary_smith@gmail.com" is one of the classmates.

Very Happy

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 12:22 AM - Response #4

Thanks, I will delete them but why are they just now showing up? We have had this website for about 1-1/2 years and this is the first time I have had a bounceback from them and with all the information and downloads we have made from the class list, to my knowledge they have never shown up before.

Jim

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM - Response #5

I checked a previous saved file that I downloaded about 5 months ago and they weren't on it??

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:28 AM - Response #6

Maybe someone re-uploaded some classmates or guests. You have about 20 admins, so anyone who has the admin rights to Manage Classmates could have done it.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.