ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

backgrounds

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/14/09 03:51 PM Views: 3394 Replies: 16
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I did a search and was futile. Hate to ask this again, but can someone tell me where and how you get the backgrounds for the blank space on right side of site?? Thank you, Bonita

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM - Response #1

Bonita,
I found the best to be infoservemedia.com but also look at backgroundcity.com and personalweb.about.com. I'm only using one on one page at the moment but intend doing more as the Christmas ones were so liked.
Good luck,
Mark

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM - Response #2

Hi Bonita,

I think this is the thread you are looking for:

Empty space background thread Smile

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 1:12 PM - Response #3

Thank you Mark and Anita!! Now, I hope I can figure out how to do it Smile Bonita

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 1:27 PM - Response #4

Mark, Where do I paste the code??? Bonita Confused

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:23 PM - Response #5

I've been using infoservemedia.com to add backgrounds. I like to change the homepage one and, in fact, just had a St Patrick Day background. I deleted it and went to this site to obtain a different one for Spring, and now I'm not finding the necessary coding, only a jpg. ???? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM - Response #6

Yikes! Same thing happened to us. We love our cloud background through infoservemedia. We went to change it up with some shamrocks and what??? We couldn't find anywhere to copy the coding!!!! Failed at trying to contact them..Too bad, it is a GREAT site. If you find out anything, do let us know. We copied and pasted the coding for our clouds and put it on our 'storage page' in case we want to change up with another site and then replace them..But, who knows if it will still work! Dang...mystery...Bonita

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 3:21 AM - Response #7

Use the code you already have and just replace the name of the image. IE: look for:

(http://www.infoservemedia.com/design/resources/backgrounds/photos/0tj294gzkh.jpg)

in your code, and then

you will replace 0tj294gzkh.jpg

with the name of the new image you want.

Edited 03/20/09 3:23 AM
Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12:26 PM - Response #8

Wow!! Great idea! Thanks....Bonita

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM - Response #9

You're Welcome!

You can also use any image of your own (make it small in kbs). Upload your image to your photo host (like photobucket), get the direct link (url), and insert that in the code in place of the infoservemedia url.

Check out my background, for instance.

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12:46 PM - Response #10

Look here.

http://www.infoservemedia.com/design/resources/backgrounds/

Just take the URL you have and keep deleting the end portion until you find a directory you can look at. Then select the desired background.

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 1:03 PM - Response #11

Hi Kyle,

How did you reduce the size of the generic classcreator link? Was it an inside job?

I like the way you moved your cc link outside the page.

:O)

Edited 03/20/09 1:16 PM
Friday, March 20, 2009 at 1:16 PM - Response #12

Heh he, oh man, too much! You changed the css size! You gotta watch Kyle, he's pretty sly. Smile

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 1:18 PM - Response #13

Hi Brad,

I finally found the reduced link, but haven't yet found how he did it, LOL.

Wanna share? :O)

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM - Response #14

Holy cows!! Another great idea! Thanks..Bonita

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 2:10 PM - Response #15

Marian Wright wrote:

Hi Brad,

I finally found the reduced link, but haven't yet found how he did it, LOL.

Wanna share? :O)

I didn't know how Brad would react when he found out. I guess he is OK with it. I asked him to change the link to include my Promo Code, but when that wasn't possible, I just reduced the size of the generic link and added my own link that included my promo code. When the banner became available, I used the banner with my promo code.

If you do a browser VIEW SOURCE on your home page, and search for "Start your own", you will see that this text has some style codes around it, copyright and style1. I just added an announcement that sets these styles so that they are a size of 0, so they don't display or they display really small. You can still click on them, but you have to know where to click.

Create an announcement with this text inside of it:

There might be side-effects (other features might be using these same styles), but so far, I haven't noticed any.

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 2:22 PM - Response #16

Thanks Kyle!!

I had isolated that code in your source, but haven't taken the time to play with it yet.

I'll have to try it out later, as I've got a pond that needs cleaning and fishies that are hungry! It's Spring, and there is life outside, I've got to unglue myself from this computer chair for a few hours, LOL.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.