ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

displaying website photos at reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/26/10 04:12 PM Views: 1564 Replies: 3
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM

This ques. may have been asked already, but I just couldn't search thru 22 pages to see.
At the reunion I'd like to electronically display pix that classmates have uploaded on their Profile pages (w/ permission, of course), especially those from members unable to attend. Got any techno-suggestions as to what equipment we could use for a slideshow during the evening?

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 6:41 PM - Response #1

Glad you asked this. Here's what I would do:

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click the Download Photos button
3) Download all Classmate photos as one zip file and then unzip them to your hard drive
4) Click Gallery Creator and create a Photo Gallery
5) Upload all photos to 1 lone gallery
6) Set your gallery to display in slideshow mode
7) Rent a projector and run the slideshow at your reunion on a big screen or wall

There's all kinds of other ways to do this too of course, but this is the easiest and quickest way to do it, and you can do all of it using the functionality of your site.

Note: If you have no Internet connection at your reunion, just load the slideshow on a laptop in advance. Once it's in memory it will keep playing even if you're not connected to the net.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM - Response #2

BRAD THIS is what we did
Quote:

just load the slideshow on a laptop in advance. Once it's in memory it will keep playing even

Just like you stated and it worked great everyone would stop by and look see someone picture and go looking for them, and bring them back to look

Edited 05/26/10 6:57 PM
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 9:00 PM - Response #3

Many thanks for the instructions. That's what I'll do. ....and BTW, your picture looks great, but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed that you have real offices in a real building. I was hoping you'd be operating out of someone's garage. (A little Apple/HP humor here in the SF Bay area.)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.