ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Backups

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/30/17 09:45 PM Views: 1016 Replies: 7
Friday, June 30, 2017 at 9:45 PM

I have run out of File Vault space.

Q1- Do backups use file vault space (e.g., pictures in backups)?

Q2 -Is there a way to delete backups? If so (i.e., delete a specific backup) will file vault space reflect that deletion?

Thank you,

Sam

Friday, June 30, 2017 at 10:40 PM - Response #1

I can't answer your questions, but keep an eye out for subscription extension specials from time to time that throw in a gigabyte of storage for free. That said, you can always purchase additional storage space.

Edited 06/30/17 11:37 PM
Friday, June 30, 2017 at 11:20 PM - Response #2

Backups do not use file vault space.

Unless the CC "special" comes up (actually should be a standard 5GB in todays world), there are various outside free areas.

The best is actually the same one CC uses - Amazon AWS. Check it out LINK

Admittedly more for experienced users, very cheap, huge amount of storage. Not too hard, if you are willing to put in a little bit of time to learn. Anyone that has done FTP will find it easy to learn Idea

Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 8:25 AM - Response #3

Jack is right. Backups do not use file vault storage.

Sam, looking at your subscription, your website was created when ClassCreator was a free product, so you are considered a "grandfathered" website and are limited to 25MB of storage. To increase the storage amount, you would need to either change over to a "Free (ads)" (200MB of storage) plan and give up your Grandfathered status, or purchase a subscription. There is no way to purchase additional storage only without having a subscription-type website.

And looking at your file vault, you can clean up some of the images in your file vault, if you sort the images by name or size, you will see that you have a few images that are duplicated
    thanksgivingThankfulness3burningleaves_gif_Thanksgiving_Burning_Leaves_2009(1).gif    11/30/09    194 KB    DELETE
    thanksgivingThankfulness3burningleaves_gif_Thanksgiving_Burning_Leaves_2009(2).gif    11/30/09    194 KB    DELETE
    thanksgivingThankfulness3burningleaves_gif_Thanksgiving_Burning_Leaves_2009.gif    11/30/09    194 KB    DELETE
    007511_GodBlessAmerica(1)_gif___Home_of_the_Free__for_website_RHS_4-28-2010(1).gif    06/06/10    147 KB    DELETE
    007511_GodBlessAmerica(1)_gif___Home_of_the_Free__for_website_RHS_4-28-2010.gif
... and more
If you make sure you aren't linked to the image, you could safely delete the duplicate images, thus freeing up some additional file vault storage.
Usually, when class websites use up their file vault space, it is because of MP3 files, but I didn't see any MP3 files in your non-image file vault storage.

Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 9:28 AM - Response #4

Jack,

Thank you for your help on my "File Vault" questions. I don't know how to look at the File Vault and have asked Kyle for help on this.

Happy July 4Th,

Sam

Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 9:31 AM - Response #5

Scott,

Thank you for your comments back on my "File Vault" questions. In addition to your comments, the ones that I received from Jack and Kyle also provided valuable insights.

Happy 4th

Sam

Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 11:01 AM - Response #6

Thank you Kyle for your comments AND the private e-mail. That did the trick....

Happy 4th,

Sam

Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 6:48 PM - Response #7

You are welcome. Happy July 4th to you, too!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.