ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Backup Administrator and Site Shutdown

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/21/22 06:41 PM Views: 3485 Replies: 5
Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 6:41 PM

I am the root administrator for my site. I want to create a backup administrator in case of my death. This includes terminating the site. I do not expect a refund if we have more time left on the site. I would like the steps that backup administrator can do to become the root administrator. I also want to give him the steps to shutdown the domain and web site if there is no one in the class to manage the site anymore. I have searched the forums. I do see this information

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 7:13 PM - Response #1

Hi Jack,

I see that you have a group of co-admins already. If you have a specific person you wish to become the new root admin you can send us their name and we can add it to the site notes for your site.

If they need to reach us to make the change for them in the future they can use our contact/email form located here: https://www.classcreator.com/contactus.cfm and request that we make the change on the site and to update the domain if they wish to have it placed in their name.

If you or the new root (in the future) ever need to add another co-admin the steps are:

1. Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates
2. Find the Details page for the classmate you would like to give admin status to
3. On their details page check the Grant Admin Access box and you will see an expansion of Admin Functions to select from. You can choose what level of access and notifications to give them and then save the Details page.
4. They will see the new features the next time they login to the page. Some users can refresh the page and see them, however, many need to login to see the updates.

If the existing root administrator ever wishes to give the root admin status to another admin there is an option under the Root Admin's Admin Functions > Preferences page there is an option to reassign the root admin to any co-admin.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 4:48 PM - Response #2

Jessica,

Thanks for the information. I will register my backup administer per your instructions.

I just extended the Helena63.com site to 1/24/2029. Both the backup administer and I will 83. My concern is he might not want run the site after I am gone. I do not believe we have anyone else to run it if he refuses to carry on the site.

I looked for the process to permanently shutdown the website and the domain. I did not see a permanent shutdown process defined for a subscription that has not expired. My plan is to give the backup administrator the documentation to do the final shutdown for our site. Can you send the instruction to do the final shutdown and remove from your servers?

Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 10:06 PM - Response #3

You can have them contact us using the same contact form from above if they ever want the site shut down

https://www.classcreator.com/contactus.cfm

We have an archive process that takes the site offline completely. We started archiving because we have had instances where the admin thinks they want to have it deleted and then contacts us at a later date to ask if we can restore it. If we are never contacted it is never restored.

Jessica

Friday, November 25, 2022 at 3:22 PM - Response #4

Please add to Helena63.com site notes that the Root Administrator should be changed to Robert (Skip) Culver in case I am not able to perform my duties as Root Administrator.

Saturday, November 26, 2022 at 1:48 PM - Response #5

Hi Jack,

I have added the admin note as requested.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.