ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Using the Administrator Forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/04/13 04:48 AM Views: 1005 Replies: 10
Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 4:48 AM

Ok, I give up!!
I really need help on this one. I have tried to write a comment on my site for administrators only to see. The message forum is easy. What am I doing wrong? Or is there an added step of which I am not aware?
Barbara
P.S. We've decided to keep the site open and create a sort of crisis fund (both monetarily, talk wise, and prayer wise) to help us all as a group. 2 more have joined the site after the reunion; and all 32 have been more than generous with their time all of a sudden as well as their spare funds.
BE

Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM - Response #1

If you can see what you write and others can't check and see if they have access to the Admin Forum. This shows up on the details page of individual profiles.

Edited 08/04/13 10:52 AM
Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM - Response #2

Hi Barbara!

Happy to read you are staying with us!

The Message Forum is not what you want to use to communicate strictly with your admins. Under ADMIN FUNCTIONS, find ADMIN FORUMS. It is just like the Classmate Forum, which it appears you are not using. (The same as TAP FORUMS.)

In the ADMIN FORUMS, you can set up topics to keep the discussions organized. That does not work in the Message Forum, which when active is active to all classmates.

And F C directions were to giving your admins access to the ADMIN FORUMS.

For those who are new, in order to use the ADMIN FORUMS with your site admins, each of them must be given access. To give that access, follow these steps:
1) Manage Classmates
2) Locate an admin's name
3) Click on DETAILS
4) Scroll down to GRANT ADMIN ACCESS. If you have made this member an admin, this will be check-marked.
5) Under ADMIN LINKS, check ADMIN FORUMS.
6) Scroll to the bottom of the page to SAVE CHANGES.

The ADMIN FORUMS can be a very good tool. It saves emails and searching for info in a past email. Give it a try.

Edited 08/04/13 1:42 PM
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM - Response #3

Hi FC & Gwen,
What I've done is give limited administrative access to the first 9 + me that have made donations to keep the site open. I e-mail them specifically as to prayer requests and financial donations by anyone. I don't want to be solely responsible for the finances. (example: I'm doing the leg work on the computer but we're finding a florist to use to send an exceptional bouquet to my prior co-administrator who has be recently diagnosed since the reunion with stage 4 colon cancer.) For the general population of members we're now asking that they donate a minimum of $16 per year to keep the site open (I'm paying $16 monthly for premium access at CC.). So far we've gotten a couple of $100 donations, a $65, 2- $50's, a few $25's and 4-$16's.
My problem in the Administrative forum is that I made a new forum (please look) but now it doesn't pop up as does the message forum in order to leave a message. Perhaps I wasn't explaining myself correctly. Please, either or both of you, or even more of the CC crew go ahead and log in as an administrator to see what I am seeing (log in as: barbara_ecker@yahoo.com and my personal password (I don't mind you using it at all) is: l1i9b4r5a. It is an intertwine of my birth year (1945) and my astrological sign (libra).
Please see if you can help.
Barbara

Edited 08/06/13 7:15 AM
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM - Response #4

Barbara,

I looked at your ADMIN FORUMS. It looks like you only created two different forums in the ADMIN FORUMS, both named "Barbara". I am guessing that what you want to do is rename one forum "Donations" and rename the other one "Prayer Requests". Then click on the Donations forum and post a new topic, such as "Donations for Pat" or "Prayers for Pat". When you do this, any of the admins that are subscribed to receive e-mails when a new topic is created will receive an e-mail and they can log in and read about the topic and respond. When they respond, those who are subscribed to receive emails will receive the response, too.

You could also create an EMAIL THE CLASS "Mailing List" to send out e-mails to the admins

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM - Response #5

Thanks, Kyle,
I'm going to try that now. As for the 'email the class', I already created a "my mailing list" for me to email the other 9 and I e-mailed them and told them to create their own core list to be able to email each other. Am I able to create a "my mailing list" for each of them? Remember, their intentions are good but they are still quite apathetic.
Earlier, I surveyed everyone as to whether or not theywanted me to keep the site open AND, IF SO, would they donate some time and/or money to help. Every single one that answered said they would be happy to donate money, BUT were not able for various reasons to donate much time.
Barbara
P.S. How did you like my password? Being a novice, I thought it was unique; but you may have seen combinations like that often.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM - Response #6

I don't know for sure, but I think that the MAILING LISTS are per website, not per admin. So if you created a mailing list, the other admins could use your same mailing list.

Just my opinion, but I don't think you should share passwords in this forum. Especially if you use that password for other things (banking websites, credit card websites, etc.) It seemed like it was a secure password (not in any dictionary, etc.), but it is no longer secure because you told everyone.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM - Response #7

Ok. I just changed it. Now, what do I click on to write a question, answer, begin a conversation. I can't find a place to write any prose.
Barbara

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM - Response #8

Click ADMIN FORUMS
Click "Prayer Requests"
Click the POST NEW TOPIC button.
You can then type out the details of the topic you want to discuss.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM - Response #9

Ok. I have it all straightened out. Somehow, I just couldn't get to the page "post new topic". Dah ! Well, first the memory goes, then the...oh, I forgot.
Barbara
P.S. I have changed my password...not on the site, but I don't use it for anything important. The password for those things is...oh, yeah, hush, hush.
Thanks again Kyle.
BE

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 1:35 AM - Response #10

Barbara, you can go up to your previous post. In the bottom right of the post 'box' is an EDIT button. Once you click on that, you can remove your email and password paragraph or sentence.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.