ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Links on Message Forum

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/25/14 06:23 PM Views: 989 Replies: 3
Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM

One of the classmates has copied and pasted links to Youtube videos, on our Message Forum. I am an administrator (he is not), and when I try and do the same thing, even using the links icon and entering the URL, they do not appear in the text of my Post Response, as links. One can click on his links and see the video, mine, you have to copy and paste into the address bar. Any way I can get these video links onto the Message Forum posts as active links?

Friday, September 26, 2014 at 2:26 PM - Response #1

In the editor window for the Message Forums, you should use the Link button to add any links to the page content. You can type a Link Phrase, such as " Click Here " and then highlight the phrase and click the Link button (3rd from right , 2nd row) and paste your link into the field.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 2:07 PM - Response #2

Thank you. Now, I have another Message Forum issue. I am trying to post a long list of songs, and the site is timing out before taking the list. Previously, I entered a list, and it took a while, but was accepted. Do I need to take the other list out before submitting this one, which is longer?

Thursday, October 2, 2014 at 1:10 PM - Response #3

I see your long list posted on 10/01/14 12:17 PM

Honestly, for content like this, I would maintain a new page of the site for the content so that you can continually update the one page with new votes and new songs. I would just add a link in the message forum occasionally, letting people know that you have updated the list. That is a huge table for displaying in the forums.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.