ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Standardise Photo Uploads

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/11/15 06:10 AM Views: 2424 Replies: 14
Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 6:10 AM

Some of my older Classmates are finding it confusing that when they want to upload a photo to a Classmate's Profile when they Post A Comment on there the system makes them search and choose one from those saved on their own computer but when they want to upload a photo onto a piece already on a Classmate's Latest Interactions they have to first upload one to their own Profile pictures before choosing it to add to the interaction.

Can this not be standardised?

Friday, June 12, 2015 at 11:49 AM - Response #1

In testing this, I found a few things that are not working "quite right." I will send your suggestion as well as my finding to the programmer. Thanks

Friday, June 12, 2015 at 12:29 PM - Response #2

Good man, Scott. Thanks.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 5:14 PM - Response #3

The programmer responded that they have updated this area of the site. Let us know if you need anything further.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 8:33 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Jessica.

I'll get back to you if there's a problem.

There was one other thing I noticed -

A Classmate asked me to Edit one of the photos on his Profile as he wasn't confident enough to do it himself. Unfortunately, when I hover my cursor over the pencil icon on the photo the box that appears doesn't always seem to want to stay there to allow me to click on one of the options. Sometimes it does and turns blue, sometimes it disappears as soon as I move my cursor.

Incidentally, I can read the first option which says 'Edit details' but I can only see the top of the first word of the option underneath which says 'Adjust (something)' I can see the top of the word and thinks it probably says 'Photo' but would prefer to be able to see it all.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 8:48 PM - Response #5

What is the classmates last name so I can take a look? Do you have a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Thanks,

Jessica

Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 4:24 PM - Response #6
ScreenShot007.jpg

Jessica, it's not just happening on this particular Classmate's gallery photos, it's happening on all Profile Photo Galleries.

I've attached a screenshot of my own Profile Photo Gallery to illustrate what I see. To get it to the stage where the blue highlight appeared took a number of attempts.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 10:06 PM - Response #7
EditPhoto.jpg

Mark,
Since it works as expected here, it may be a browser issue (I'm using FireFox) or it could be the fact that my site and yours are on different servers and some of the changes didn't get pushed out to all the CC servers.

Edited 06/18/15 10:06 PM
Friday, June 19, 2015 at 5:52 AM - Response #8

Thanks, John. That's certainly a possibility. I use Chrome but as I haven't had the time to play around with it on another browser I thought I'd leave it to CC to come up with the answer. At least I know what I should be seeing now.Thanks again.

Edited 06/19/15 5:53 AM
Friday, June 19, 2015 at 6:02 AM - Response #9

I've found the time, John, and you're right. It looks fine in Firefox. As I use Chrome all the time I'll still need to know the reason why it doesn't look the same in that. I dare say Classmates are all using different browsers and would prefer to see it standardised so that we're all seeing the same thing. It's difficult to tell them what to do about it otherwise.

Friday, June 19, 2015 at 6:13 AM - Response #10

I Googled the problem and it appears to be a common problem with Chrome. Something to do with the programming of the alt.text tag. Not something I'd know about so I'll leave it to the experts.

Monday, June 22, 2015 at 5:01 PM - Response #11

Any improvement for you in Chrome? The programmer made some tweaks on Friday, however, it was already working for us in Chrome before the tweaks so you'll have to let us know if its working better for you now.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 8:31 PM - Response #12

Jessica,

I've found the time to try to Edit some photos in my own Profile but still have a problem. I continue to use Chrome as my browser of choice. I put some photos in my Profile Gallery to test something out and am now unable to delete them as there is still a problem with all the options not appearing when I hover my mouse over the pencil icon in each photo. They still look as they did in my Screenshot of June 18th above.

It's infuriating.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 1:53 PM - Response #13

Odd. I just tested in Chrome and all appears just fine. Do you have your browser zoom / font increased?

Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 6:55 AM - Response #14

Thanks, Scott. It looks to have been something to do with what you say.

My Zoom was the standard 100% but when I went into Chrome's Settings and looked at Web Content, the 'Minimum Font Size' was higher than it should have been as reducing that has solved the problem.

Thanks again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.