ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Embedding a PDF format on the website.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/15/10 10:06 PM Views: 2086 Replies: 10
Monday, February 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Lone Star Honor Flight Single.pdf

If possible I need step by step instructions on putting a PDF formatted article on our website. This is something that our band teacher wants me to do for the Veteran's. I added it to my downloads maybe that is the way to get it on the website. Also it looks like it is too wide to put on the home page. Do I just resize it like I do the You Tube videos? I will try and add it here so you can see what I want to put on. Keep your fingers crossed.

Monday, February 15, 2010 at 11:43 PM - Response #1

The best thing to do is link to your PDF file from any page of your site. First you need to get the PDF into your File Vault though. Follow these steps:

1) Go into edit mode for any page
2) Click the chain link icon
3) Click the File Vault tab
4) UPload your PDF to your File Vault
5) Once uploaded the PDF will appear in your list of files. Click on it, and then click the Insert link.
6) Click OK a couple of times to return to your page (which now has a link to your PDF file on it) and save your page.
7) View your page live now, and click on your PDF link. The PDF file should now open up in the Adobe PDF viewer (which is far better than trying to embed the PDF directly on your site).

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 11:35 PM - Response #2

Thank you very much. I'm not sure I did this exactly like you envisioned but it's there. I put the link on the Our Veterans Page, that seemed appropriate. Your instructions were great.
Esther

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 12:21 AM - Response #3
screen.doc

The "chain link icon" is no where to be found. I click on "Edit Page", click on the page, and in the toolbar of the window for editing the page, there is no chain link icon.

And what is the function and purpose of the "Anchor" icon?

Attached is a screen shot of this window and toolbar.

Please help!!!

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM - Response #4
screen.doc

Barbara Cruz wrote:

The "chain link icon" is no where to be found. I click on "Edit Page", click on the page, and in the toolbar of the window for editing the page, there is no chain link icon.

And what is the function and purpose of the "Anchor" icon?

Attached is a screen shot of this window and toolbar.

Please help!!!

Barbara,

Welcome to the Admin Forums.

I reviewed your attachment. The CHAIN LINK Icon is on the 2nd row of icons. It is the 7th icon from the right. It looks like a WORLD with two links from a chain (or a pair of glasses) in front of it. The MOUSE-OVER description says "Insert/Edit Link".

The ANCHOR button is used to mark some text in your page that you would like to jump to with a link. For example, you can go to the bottom of your home page and type "BOTTOM" and then select that text and click the ANCHOR button and give the name "Bottom". Then go to the top and type "Click HERE to go to the BOTTOM", then select the text and click the Insert/Edit Link button and choose the Link Type of "link to anchor in text" and select the anchor of "Bottom". Save the link. When you now click on the "Click Here", it will take you to the bottom of the page.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 4:38 PM - Response #5

Your instructions are vey helpful. I can successfully upload an event entry form for others to download and use Anchor to directly go to an area of the webpage. This is very much appreciated.

Barbara

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 1:24 PM - Response #6

I got this to work following the instructions but I ended up with the .pdf link. Is there any way I can display it?

Edited 03/30/10 1:30 PM
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 3:58 PM - Response #7

PDFs open in their own viewer/window.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 12:28 PM - Response #8

I'm not seeing an Anchor button. When I click on the Link button and look in the Link Type I see "link to anchor in text" then it says there is not link to anchor.
Do I change something int the Portocal to make this workQuestion

I just found the Anchor button next to the chain.Rolling Eyes I can't get it to go to the bottom of the page to committee list at Webmaster.

It's on the other website that I manage. www.WichitaWest62.com

Edited 11/08/11 12:38 PM
Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 9:16 AM - Response #9

The ANCHOR button is really called INSERT/EDIT ANCHOR and is the 5th icon from the right on the 2nd row of icons in any of the website editors. The icon looks like a ship anchor.

You first need to add an anchor, then you will be able to link to that anchor

I don't know what a "Portocal" is.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM - Response #10

protocol maybe

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.