ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Who has access to In Memory pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/05/22 11:44 AM Views: 3261 Replies: 2
Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 11:44 AM

A sister of an alumnus reported his death. I set up an in memory page for this alumnus but his sister cannot view it (she gets a must be logged in message). I don’t have the in memory page link set to restrict it to classmates. I assumed this meant that the public could see the in memory page. How is are classmates defined and how can a next of kin see the in memory page?

Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 1:48 PM - Response #1

I can see all your In Memory entries, so, as you say, your In Memory page is not restricted to classmates only. The sister of the alumnus should not be getting a "must be logged in" message. I think she must have mistakenly clicked on another page which is restricted to classmates only.

On an unrelated issue, using the Google Chrome browser (the most popular) on my desktop, your scrollbar on the right side of your pages is purple and basically invisible. To make it gray, the internet standard, under Admin Functions, click on Change Design. In the Site Colors section, under Scrollbar Colors, change it to "Use default scrollbar, do not color."

Edited 11/05/22 8:54 PM
Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 3:01 PM - Response #2

Perhaps she tried to access the information via the Classmate Profiles page. If the profile is locked access will be denied. However, she can access it from the In Memory page. As an example try this for Jack Agnello (Rosen), Class of '58 on your site.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.