ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

administrator

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/25/08 10:33 AM Views: 1336 Replies: 12
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Can I tell exactly who are all of the administrators? I need this because since I have the Maiden/Married names backward I am thinking about tackling the job of fixing it. In my best estimate I have 5,045 names that need to be fixed. I am thinking about reaching our to the members to get some help. If I do I do not want them to have administration rights for long. According to one estimate it took 2.5 hours to do one year. We have 82 years left! It is a big job.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 11:26 AM - Response #1

When you go into edit mode for your Class List, in the far right column any Classmate who is an admin will be noted with "Admin".

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 12:58 PM - Response #2

Edited 11/25/08 3:28 PM
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 2:01 PM - Response #3

Brad
Maybe I'm missing something....Why couldn't you simply download the class list from Manage Classmates to an excel spreadsheet and then swap the two name columns, head each with the proper title, resave and then upload the corrected file?
Curly Harman

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 2:08 PM - Response #4

You could, as long as after doing that you use the "Reset Class List" function to delete any Classmates that have not yet created a Profile. If anybody has created a Profile you'd want to go in and manually updated the record.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 10:16 PM - Response #5

Brad, If I went in and selected all the names on my list and "reset" would this delete anyone who created a profile too?

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 10:25 PM - Response #6

Also, since we have 25,000 I would have to pull up each year to see all the "admin"

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 11:41 PM - Response #7

If you left everything checked it would delete Classmates who have created a Profile, yes. So you don't want to do that. You'd need to deselect any names who have created a Profile before resetting so you don't delete those people.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 9:23 AM - Response #8

Is there any other way to see if someone created a profile besides downloading the data?

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 9:26 AM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

If you left everything checked it would delete Classmates who have created a Profile, yes. So you don't want to do that. You'd need to deselect any names who have created a Profile before resetting so you don't delete those people.

I have never done a Reset Classlist before, but as a suggestion, maybe there could be some buttons at the bottom, "Select All", "Unselect All", "Select Members without profiles". Is this possible?

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 11:24 AM - Response #10

Excellent idea, as I'm used to from Kyle. Especially the "Select Members without profiles" option. I can see how that would be extremely helpful, especially for multi sites with lots of Classmates. Added to "to do" list. Thank you Kyle.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 12:59 PM - Response #11

Kyle,
Thanks for the help! You just saved me countless hours of work. That is a great idea. Brad, if you "select members without profiles" what about "In Memory" do they have a profile or not?

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 4:38 PM - Response #12

Ahhhhhhhh, very good question Ray. You're a step ahead of me. We'll have to include any "In Memory" entries along with anybody who has a Profile. Clearly we dont' want those entries to get deleted in the process. Very, very good point. Added this as a note to the Programmers Task list to ensure In Memory entries get saved. Your observation there may have just saved us some trouble, thanks!

Edited 11/26/08 4:38 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.