Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Issuu - Menu Button Problem

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/19/09 04:42 PM Views: 1865 Replies: 1
Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Kyle Erickson wrote:

. . . CAV . . . wrote:
Has anyone been able to delete or disable this Menu button? I am having the same problem with my School Newspapers - The Cavalcade. I have an earlier issuu yearbook - 1969 Gauntlet and the Menu button is not on this earlier version.

Is it me or has issuu added more buttons making it less "user friendly"???

If I can not disable some of these buttons on issuu, does anyone else have a better Yearbook/Newspaper presentation method???

Kudos in advance . . . CAV

This is just a guess - The Yearbook you have the Auto Flip feature on. The Newspaper, you don't. Maybe if AUTO FLIP is on, you don't get the MENU icon.

I think you need to go into ISSUU.com and edit your newspaper and turn on AUTO FLIP, then re-embed the code and see if this will remove the MENU icon.

Kudos Kyle . . . I did exactly what you suggested - NOPE ... did not work!!!

BUT have no fear ... I did a lot of research on Issuu. Issuu wants $14/month NOW! If you upgrade to the Issuu Pro for $14/month the "menu" button and advertising on your classmate page disappear.

Issuu branding (Menu Button) is present when you view any document in the standard (FREE) Issuu.com mode. Even if you buy the Issuu Pro you will continue to have the semi-transparent "powered by Issuu" link seen on the embedded viewer.

So in conclusion: The main difference between the Free Issuu service and $14/month Issuu Pro service (as far as branding) is that Issuu Pro does not have the right sidebar, where there are links to other publications or advertisements and the Menu Button is gone.

I ask the question again: Are there any better "3rd party plug in" Yearbook/Newspaper presentation methods out there???

Kudos again in advance.

... CAV

Monday, September 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM - Response #1

Cav,
I used picasa.com for our yearbooks and reunion pictures. Tried issue and had simalar problems. Check out our site and see if this would work for you. Picasa isn't perfect but by far the most user friendly that I found. Hope this helps.
Tina

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.