ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

non-administrators posting announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/30/22 01:45 PM Views: 191 Replies: 1
Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 1:45 PM

hi!

i recently received an email from my site stating that an announcement had been posted by a classmate, non-administrators.

i clicked on it, and the announcement seemed to be on his profile page under "updates and highlights"

At one time I thought all announcements had to be approved by the administrator ... me

i'm upset because i paid for this i built it and i don't want anyone able to use the sights email to send out random messages

i can't figure out how he did it ... nevermind how to prevent it!

any ideas?

thanks!

Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 2:07 PM - Response #1

The announcements come to you as the admin in an inactive state - you would have to turn the announcement on to approve it.

Under Member Functions > Post Announcement you will see an option at the bottom of the announcements that says:

Allow Classmates to submit Announcements (all Classmate-submitted Announcements are added in an inactive state and must be activated by an Administrator)

If you uncheck that box they won't see the option to post an announcement. You will still see it as the admin but non-admins would no longer see the option under Member Functions.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.