ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/15/14 07:10 PM Views: 3262 Replies: 22
Monday, September 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM

This whole photo gallery thing has me buffaloed. I can create the left side link, then I go to "create gallery" - create it under the first link, right? Then I try to add a picture, it won't let me because "This page currently has no active galleries." Well, no kidding Sherlock that's what I'm trying to do. Classic catch 22. Can't find a step-by-step process for this, 4 days from our reunion. Any help appreciated at this point.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM - Response #1

Go to Gallery Creator. On this page in the table at the bottom, you will see the rows in blue are the Page rows and the subsequent rows under that blue row are the gallery rows that are assigned to that particular page. I suspect you are working on the page called 45th Reunion Sept 2014 Photos. If you notice, the gallery rows under that page are Inactive. Check that checkbox to activate the galleries. However, you also need to go to the Photos link to the right on the gallery rows to actually upload the images to that particular gallery. Once you have photos in the gallery, and the gallery is indicated as being active on an active page, then you can go to the page in your site navigation to see how the page will look.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM - Response #2

Ok, thanks very much!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM - Response #3

You're welcome.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM - Response #4

I have about 75 photos in a folder on my desktop, ready to load on the website in the gallery. Gallery title: Minikahda Club, Within link: 50th Reunion.

May I upload several or all of the photos at once, then add text below to identify the people?

I saw the image editor but don't know where to find it, as the admin. Saw the video tutorial and looks like you can add multiple images at a time.

Also, when viewers click on an image to enlarge it, is there a way to move on to the next image at full size without going back to the thumbnails? It's a bit of a nuisance to have to keep toggling back and forth. Thanks!

Edited 09/18/14 4:45 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 5:14 PM - Response #5

Yes, you can shift + click the first and last, or, ctrl + A to select all, or, ctrl + click on individual images to select specific images to upload. Once you begin the upload, you will need to be patient as it could take some time for the uploads to complete. You might consider these uploads in chunks of 15 - 20 images rather than the entire lot at once.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 5:25 PM - Response #6

I can't seem to do this from the Edit Gallery. Do the photos need to be uploaded from my desktop folder into the file vault first? And do they need to be added individually, first and then added as a group from the file vault to the Edit Gallery?

Where is the Image Editor that appears in your video? Can't find it in any of the menus.

Can I add captions below the photos in the Gallery??

May I scroll from one enlarged photo to the next without toggling back to the thumbnails?

Friday, September 19, 2014 at 4:24 PM - Response #7

Is there ANY way to add a YouTube embedded link to the Photo Galleries? If not that would be a great feature to set up for us!

We have set up a lot of reunion galleries for the different class years on our multi-year website.

The question gets asked a lot, "Not only do we have photos, but we have video of the reunion. How to we put our YouTube video in the photo gallery so classmates can see that too?"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bruce

Friday, September 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM - Response #8

Thanks for asking this question, Bruce, as we have three videos to add to our website. They are not on YouTube, however. One is an iMovie slide show with music and the others are professionally created slideshows with music.

Friday, September 19, 2014 at 4:30 PM - Response #9

You can embed youtube videos into the galleries in the same way that you would add them on any other page. Copy the embed code from YouTube, and paste it into the Source view of the editor window via the Edit page for the Gallery page itself.

Friday, September 19, 2014 at 4:36 PM - Response #10

I see the row of blue and I have a gallery in it, filled with about 70 photos. However, when I click on Preview, it says,"This page currently has no active galleries." Why does it not see my active "50th Reunion Photo Gallery"?

In addition, I do not see the Photos link to the right on the gallery rows. Please help. The classmates are waiting to see all the photos I've prepared.

Friday, September 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM - Response #11

You have to do step 2 which is the button on the right ... Create New Photo Gallery. Adding the gallery to the page is an essential step. Once you load your photos to the gallery and make it active, you will see the images on the page.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at 9:43 PM - Response #12

I, too cannot find the Image Editor and don't see that your question about locating it was answered. How can I get to it?

Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM - Response #13

The image editor is located in the Gallery Creator by going to Gallery Creator > Photos (in a white row... white rows are galleries, blow rows are page names) > Add Photos (top button on the page).

Saturday, November 8, 2014 at 8:25 PM - Response #14

Thanks, I see it now!

Saturday, November 8, 2014 at 8:25 PM - Response #15

Thanks, I see it now!

Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 4:39 PM - Response #16

We just completed our 45th reunion weekend so I set up a gallery for all of the photos. I set each gallery so all classmates could add photos hoping everyone could view all photos. One classmate emailed me his photos so I uploaded them as me, then selected all of the photos and changed the attributes to his name. I was hoping it would open a gallery within the gallery, i.e. Friday night--> classmates name.

Since this didn't work, all of his photos are loaded under my name and now all classmates are able to view them. What am I doing wrong? I would like all classmates to load pictures and all classmates be able to view all pictures. Thanks for any help!

Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 6:28 PM - Response #17

It's doubtful you're doing anything wrong. I am having lots of problems/delays with the photo gallery. The changes/upgrades made have taken away previous options- including easily adding photos on behalf of other members by attributing the gallery to a classmate. Now - it seems you have to upload yourself - then go in and check pictures - and then 'change attribute' (and select the classmate) HOWEVER - when doing that --- something is def. not working correctly. I did this last weekend - and it took a day or longer before gallery I created for a classmate appeared. today - I've selected 3 photos for another classmate----still not showing.

Prior to whatever changes CC made to our Photo Gallery -- the gallery was user friendly/robust. Now there are fewer options including not being able to change the order of the picture and/or to easily/quickly upload photos and attribute them initially to a classmate .

Before seeing this forum - I had sent a private message to CC outlining concerns w/ the photo gallery.

Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 10:04 PM - Response #18

Irma Comer wrote:

Prior to whatever changes CC made to our Photo Gallery -- the gallery was user friendly/robust. Now there are fewer options including not being able to change the order of the picture and/or to easily/quickly upload photos and attribute them initially to a classmate .

Couldn't agree with you more. I brought up the same issues in this thread but not as completely as you have here.

Monday, June 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM - Response #19

We have our 45th coming up later in the year, and hope that this is resolved soon.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 8:38 PM - Response #20

The programmers have made some updates to the code for the photo editor. Please try it again and if you are having specific please let me know the Operating System, Browser, the page you are editing and the specific issue you are seeing. We'll continue to monitor the system and make additional adjustments if needed.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 3:56 PM - Response #21

Approximately how many photos can be uploaded to our reunion web page? How much space is allowed?

Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 4:56 PM - Response #22

If you go to the Gallery Creator tab an scroll to the bottom you'll see how much of your total storage allocation you're currently using. Make note of that number and upload say 25 pictures. Revisit the Gallery Creator to see how much space you're now using. Divide the difference by the number of photos you uploaded. That can give you a pretty good indication of how many photos total could be uploaded.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.