ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Shrinking a pdf format

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/04/09 05:09 PM Views: 1757 Replies: 2
Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 5:09 PM

www.issuu.com I did not understand, but now I do. I have scanned my whole annual and it is to large(150mb). Is there a program that will compress a pdf to get it down to 100 mb or do I have to rescan 200 pages and lower the dpi.

My HP scanner scans into pdf format. Should I scan pages individually? I am kind of lost now.

Judy

Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 7:50 AM - Response #1

I don't know about compressing, but I had to divide my yearbook into 6 sections so I could upload it. This way, you don't have to re-do anything. It requires PDF. It won't accept other formts.

Friday, March 6, 2009 at 1:40 PM - Response #2

Hi,

There are lots of options for shrinking PDF files.
We have been successfull in posting many yearbooks online using issuu.com. You wont have to break it up into multiple files.

Issuu tries to compress files to display at 100 dpi so that your files will still look good and display reasonably quickly.

Here are some options to make your pdf files work:
1) Rescan the documents at the 100 DPI setting on your scanner.
2) Shrink your existing PDF file by using either Adobe Acrobat Pro or a third party utility like Cvision's PdfCompressor Pro. They are available for a free trial download at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatproextended/tryout.html or http://www.cvisiontech.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=23&Itemid=206

ISSUU results can be quirky depending on the version of PDF file that you use. Saving a file in PDF version 1.5 generally works most of the time. Saving PDF in versions 1.6 or greater allows you to create smaller files but they will sometimes fail to load on ISSUU depending on the content of your document.

--Christopher Jensen
reunion@83phs.com

Edited 03/06/09 1:41 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.