ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Has Forgotten User Name & Password

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/14/10 08:21 PM Views: 7219 Replies: 45
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM

One of our classmates has forgotten his user name and password. How can he access our site to update his profile ?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 8:40 PM - Response #1

Have him enter his email address and click on "Forgot Password". The system will email the password to his email address.

Edited 07/14/10 8:46 PM
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 9:22 PM - Response #2

JOHN; Better watch out, Brad will put you to work Very HappyWink

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM - Response #3

Nah we'll just let him keep workin' for free. Wink

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM - Response #4

Wait a minute
If he forgot his username ie e-mail address, how can he enter that and the click on whatever?

Maybe it's me but I would be cautious of someone fishing for something....Who forgets their e-mail address???

Curly

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:40 PM - Response #5

He can't. If somebody forgets their email address or has mistyped it, the Admin has to fix this in the system so the Classmate can log in again.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM - Response #6

that's my point

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:45 PM - Response #7

Thank you...since I'm always automatically logged in to our site, I've never seen the option "forgot password."

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM - Response #8

He didn't forget his e-mail address...he forgot his user name and password. I'm assuming his user name is not his e-mail address.
Who's on first ?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:50 PM - Response #9

There is no such thing as user name to log in. It is e-mail address and password.
Curly

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM - Response #10

How the heck did that happen ? I just went from Hugo69 to Antlers69...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:55 PM - Response #11

Hmmmmm.....you're not blonde so that 's not the reason.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM - Response #12

Thanks Curly...
Well, he is legitimate about trying to get back into our site. He's not fishing. But, I do think it's a bit humorous that he is an FBI Agent who can't remember his own password. Very Happy

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 10:57 PM - Response #13

No, I'm not blonde, but from some of my previous questions posted here, Brad would probably argue that. Actually, I'm gray.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM - Response #14

Look at my head. No Hair to speak of yet everyone still calls me Curly. I would even take grey if they were handing hair out someplace. Oh well.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM - Response #15

I saw your head...and I wasn't going to mention that I saw no signs of 'curliness.' Rolling Eyes

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM - Response #16

Why...NOT??? Hey..John...maybe Brad will hire you??? WinkWink Then you might be able to get a free website as a perk????!!!! Laughing.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 11:09 PM - Response #17

OMG ! I just morphed back into Cruella from Hugo. This is insane ! Shocked

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM - Response #18

Webmaster Darlene wrote:

Hey..John...maybe Brad will hire you??? WinkWink

Hmmmm. Sounds like a plan! Idea Wink

Edited 07/14/10 11:47 PM
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 11:48 PM - Response #19

John,
If Brad hires you, just remember that it was my question that got you the job ! Idea

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM - Response #20

And so I'd have to send you brownies? Wink

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM - Response #21

William Leggett wrote:

JOHN; Better watch out, Brad will put you to work Very HappyWink

I agree, John, you would be a great addition to the team, if ever need be. Bonita

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM - Response #22

Embarassed

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM - Response #23

Curly Harman wrote:

Look at my head. No Hair to speak of yet everyone still calls me Curly. I would even take grey if they were handing hair out someplace. Oh well.

I've told my classmates "Our 50th Reunion isn't about hairlines, or waistlines or credit lines. It's about lifelines. We're glad to be alive and able to reconnect with our friends from high school."

And you can use that on your website if you want.

Edited 07/15/10 12:04 AM
Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM - Response #24

With the thorough knowledge he has of the whole system, we should just set him up as a consultant who can assist others here. Especially newer Admins. Smile

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 12:32 AM - Response #25

Brownies would be just fine !

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM - Response #26

OK. Next question: How do I get a "quoted reply" to respond to a particular question or comment ?

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM - Response #27

Kathy Schmoldt wrote:

OK. Next question: How do I get a "quoted reply" to respond to a particular question or comment ?

Click on the Quoted Reply button within that person's posting.

You can delete some of the items within the brackets (but don't delete any of the brackets.) This is usually done if the post you are responding to is several posts back. Or you want to emphasize what question you are answering or commenting on.

Edited 07/15/10 12:56 AM
Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM - Response #28

Brad Switzer wrote:

With the thorough knowledge he has of the whole system, we should just set him up as a consultant who can assist others here. Especially newer Admins. Smile

John, it looks as if you will be getting that same offer that Kyle had. Just wonder if Brad will ever consider opening a branch office in Redmond WA (next door to Microsoft), just down the road from me? Then I could take Brad up on his offer too. Hmmmmm!

BTW Kathy, if you simply want to quote multiple people in the same message just enter the following word including these brackets [quote] at the beginning and the same word again at the end like this except use a forward slash in place of the question mark (same key) [?quote].

Edited 07/15/10 8:33 PM
Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 9:48 PM - Response #29

Brad Switzer wrote:

I agree with Brad!!! Go For It!!!!
Very HappyExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationWink

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM - Response #30

Hey, Gypsy John... Gotta call you that cause of the Other John C. kinda of like the other whitemeat Twisted EvilTwisted Evil
I did delete you from my website..but please check out my homepage..scroll to almost the bottom.
Thanx for the Kudos and donation.Very HappyWink

Edited 07/15/10 9:51 PM
Friday, July 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM - Response #31

Password Problems Haunting Me !

We have a newly registered classmate. He created his password and either "mis-typed" or didn't type it back in correctly.
So, he used the "forgot password" option and was sent a new password.
It doesn't work either.
So, I went to his profile, erased that one and created him a new one.
That doesn't work either.
Help !
Can I just delete him from the class list, add him back, and start over ?

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 10:18 PM - Response #32

Sure. My guess is here the email address was bad, not the password. Which would explain why the auto password retrieval system didn't work. The correct password was likely sent to a bad email address.

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 10:42 PM - Response #33

CC sent him a new password to his e-mail address. It just didn't work.
I'm just going to delete him to clear everything out, and then add him back.

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 11:08 PM - Response #34

Curly Harman wrote:

It took me a couple weeks, Curly... But I found the solution:
It was staring you right in the face on your post there.

And you didn't have to settle for grey!Laughing

Now you can be known as your website's "Mane Man"

Edited 07/30/10 11:26 PM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 11:52 PM - Response #35

OK. I'm back with this Password Problem AGAIN.
I will try to explain what I'm seeing when Billy e-mails me...
My e-mail has a "memo" line above the message.
There is a different classmate's name (Dudley) that appears there.
Could the system be confusing Billy's e-mail with Dudley's e-mail?
Billy has clicked the "forgot" password and CC sent him the password, but it did not work.
I deleted him from our list. Then added him back. He created a new password and is still locked out.
He once again clicked "forgot password" and CC sent him the password...you guessed it...
HELP !
This is driving me crazIER. Confused Confused

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:04 AM - Response #36

I need to know exactly what you mean by "it did not work". Does that mean he got some type of error message? Did he get the "sorry" message about his email address or password not being correct? Did he actually get logged in but was not able to stay logged in? I need to know precisely what happens when he attempts to log in. I.E. I need to know exactly what he sees next in order to solve this.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:08 AM - Response #37

P.S.
Don't know if this might have anything to do with the problem, but, when I create a "new" e-mail for Dudley, that automatic drop down that gives me his e-mail address shows:
noreply@classcreator.net
in addition to his real e-mail address.
The noreply address does not show up with any of my other classmates' email addresses.
Why would noreply@classcreator.net be stored with Dudley's name AND why would Dudley's name show up on Billy's e-mail messages in the "memo" line?
AACCHHKK ! Question Question

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:12 AM - Response #38

Brad,
Is there an e-mail address that I can forward to you his e-mail showing what he sees ?

It's "You have reached a password protected page..."

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM - Response #39

What could be happening here is that the classmate doesn't have cookies turned on. If you don't have cookies turned on, any page that requires a password will take you to the "You have reached a password protected page..." message. Cookies are used to keep track of who is logged on and who hasn't logged on. With cookies turned off, the user is never really logged on.

Search the FAQs for "My computer is not retaining cookies. What should I do?"
http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html

and see if that helps him.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:27 AM - Response #40

Kyle,
I sent him the cookie info...he has a new computer, so this may be the problem.
Since it's almost midnight in "Okrahoma," it will be tomorrow before he receive the message.
In the meantime, why would another classmate's name show up in the "memo line" of his e-mail?
Dudley's name showed up on Brad's e-mail, too.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:30 AM - Response #41

What probably happened there is that the classmate who's name is showing up one time sent him a message. Since ALL e-mails coming through the website are "noreply@classcreator.net", he went ahead and added him/her to his e-mail address book. Now whenever ANYONE sends him an e-mail from the website, his e-mail program is SO SMART, it fills in the name of the classmate.

To fix this problem, have him go to his e-mail program's address book, look for the e-mail "noreply@classcreator.net" and delete that entry.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:36 AM - Response #42

Next question, since I have you "on the line"...
If I want to "print screen" and send it to you,
where do I find that on my computer to copy and send it ?

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:39 AM - Response #43

I have a PC. When I want to print the screen, I hit CTRL-PRNT SCRN. (or maybe ALT-PRNT SCRN). That will copy the window (or whole screen) to the copy buffer. Then I go to my favorite PAINT program and paste it there and save it as a jpg file. Then I can send it in an e-mail or post it on a website.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:46 AM - Response #44

That's my problem...I don't know where the "copy buffer" is to find what I copied...to save it.
No big deal right now. Brad just asked what the classmate was seeing and I wanted to send that to him, but DUH !...didn't know how.
At any rate, I think you may have solved the cookie mystery...I hope so. Should hear back from him tomorrow.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 12:50 AM - Response #45

After the image is in the copy buffer, press CTRL-V in your paint program.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.