ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

What's New Down for Maintenance

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/18/14 03:18 AM Views: 658 Replies: 8
Friday, July 18, 2014 at 3:18 AM

The What's New page is offline for maintenance. I'll have more on this later but the good news is the system is now back at full speed.

We need to make a few IT changes and hope to have What's New operational again shortly. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes while What's New is undergoing maintenance. All other system features are fully operational.

Some very talented folks are working on What's New now and will continue their efforts until it's up again.

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM - Response #1

Thanx for the headsup...was about ready to email the class that the system is slow and to be patient.
I hope while the What's New is down..some changes that the admins asked for are being initiated???? Please, Please!!! I have deactivated on my site anyway..until our requests get semi sorta done? Wink

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM - Response #2

Long story but with a system that's as complex as this, when something happens to interrupt normal performance a variety of things, or even a combination of things, can be the culprit. The problem often requires logging and monitoring until the source of the issue is identified and problem solved. This is ongoing now.

As always the IT folks will find and resolve the issue. This is our focus currently, but rest assured all things we're working on here are forthcoming.

Edited 07/18/14 2:35 PM
Friday, July 18, 2014 at 2:37 PM - Response #3

Brad,
I am trying to get into my website..and it is very slow...tried to get into the forums to..takes a lot time to load..I'm not having trouble loading other websites..Are you sure it's fixed?
And I truly understand about fixing stuff first and getting it up and running..first priority.Shocked
BTW...What's the eta on the new Event Planner??? Head Honcho back from honeymoon????Wink

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM - Response #4

The claim that the system is now back at full speed seems to have been premature... It does work well at times, but I'm still seeing long delays "Waiting for" ClassCreator or my site name, for the next page to load, or to respond to what I just clicked. I haven't seen the "Down for scheduled maintenance" yet today, but I haven't been patient enough to wait several minutes for it. Have seen a couple 503's though.

FWIW, the delays seem much longer when trying to access a page with many links to the image vault. Trying to go to the vault, or uploading there are also extremely slow.

[Edit] And I just got another 503 when I clicked on View Your Message after posting this.
[Edit] May be normal, but struck me as strange. I just saw another relatively short (15 second) 'hang' "transferring data from analytics.twitter.com" when I tried to view my first edit. Long (30 second) hang "Read static.ak.facebook.com" after posting the last edit. Forum needs to check in with Facebook??? And Twitter?

Did I mention that I'm really REALLY glad I don't work in IT support any more?

Edited 07/18/14 4:36 PM
Friday, July 18, 2014 at 5:06 PM - Response #5

Well, to confuse things, some people are reporting they can't even find the domain RBUHS64.com.

Checking the domain registration it appears that it expired yesterday. (Ain't timing wonderful?).

Checking the admin tool for the website it takes me to something I've never seen before. Classnames.net is the registering entity, which I think you are tied into. I thought you folks took care of domain registration and I don't think we are in arrears on paying.

What's going on?

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 5:49 PM - Response #6

Mark, While ClassCreator folks can help you reconnect with ClassNames.net if needed, it's really between you and them.

I found that keeping your Classnames account up do date with a current credit card and email address helps things go smoothly and automatically.

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 5:51 PM - Response #7

I hear ya, John. Worked in IT for over 40 yrs...didn't do support..but worked with jcl commands, ran 2 mainframe puters, tape library...started out as a key punch operator...then went to data entry...Now learning html..it never stops..worked with programmers and analysts. Was a lot of fun. Then became a Cust. Serv rep....jack of all trades master of none.
Rule of thumb..you never bring a system down without notifying your users..unless of course it was a crash..which happened a lot sometimes..the puter gremlins would take over.Rolling Eyes

Edited 07/18/14 5:53 PM
Friday, July 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM - Response #8

Mark - Yes, the domain name expired on 7/17/2014. I had classnames.net generate 2 emails to you with your login info. Please watch your email for this info so you can log in and renew. Call me on Monday if you need further assistance. 734-340-3102

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.