ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How to use OTHER and Paypal CC functionality

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/22/11 12:01 PM Views: 1267 Replies: 1
Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Please help.

I want to use PAYPAL button (which includes options to pay by Credit Card or PAYPAL) but I'm not exactly sure how to have it interact with Reunion Planner.

This is not a question about the "donation" button but a question about payment interaction with registrations.

I know there is a third option to PAY called "other".

What I don't know is where and how to have the PAYPAL button interact with the amount due.

When they click OTHER, will the amount DUE automatically feed into PAYPAL. Is there a way to do this?

In other words, ideally, the amount due and the items purchase would automatically prepopulate into paypal interface. If that is not able to be done, there is probably another option I am not thinking about.

(BTW, I recognize Reunion Planner allows for credit card option at 4.9%. I am wanting to send people directly to PAYPAL for the CC option and paypal instant payment option)

Thank you for any help on this.

Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 11:33 PM - Response #1

I'm not sure why there are no replies, so I'll explain how it works.Question

Going a bit by memory here, since I set my PayPal account up when it first started - 1997 or so.

You probably know this, but just in case: First you need to have a "business account" mainly because you will exceed the number of transactions allowed with the standard account and also the dollar amount (or something like that).

We originally did not have a PayPal button on the Reunion (I guess it was a newer addition), so Brad manually added it to the Reunion option list. It sounds like you need that done too if you do not see this as a choice.

Once that is done, the rest is very simple. Just click the PayPal check box to activate. Then enter the email address for the PayPal account.

When a classmate selects PayPal as a payment type, the amount due is fed into the PayPal transaction.

There are a few things to monitor since there is no feedback back to CC from PayPal that the transaction actually completed (it could be, but it's not implemented). Not too big a deal, since you get a message from PayPal when a payment is made. (Of course you can also manually check your PayPal account.)

You then take that payment confirmation and manually update the amount paid and insert the fee in the "Attendee Report". Also set the type of payment to PayPal - the latter is an oversight which I've reported to CC.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.