ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

User Forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/15/10 11:11 AM Views: 1340 Replies: 4
Monday, February 15, 2010 at 11:11 AM

A classmate wants to start a new topic in the User Forum. They have a letter in a PDF format. How can they add this letter to the new forum with out having to type the whole letter over again?

Monday, February 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM - Response #1

Two possible options:

1) With some PDFs you can copy the text. Whether or not you're allowed to copy is based on the permissions set by the publisher of the PDF file. If you can copy the text, simply paste it into the User Forums and then do any reformatting if necessary.

2) If you can't copy the text, I'd use the "Attach File" feature in the forums to attach the PDF file to the post. That way people can click the link and open up the native PDF file itself.

Monday, February 15, 2010 at 1:22 PM - Response #2

There is another option.
display the PDF file on your screen, and
use SnagIt to capture the image and then
display the material as a GIF picture on
your web page.

Monday, February 15, 2010 at 8:15 PM - Response #3

Brad, could you give me the parameters regarding User Forums? How big of file can be attached? How big of data can be entered?> Where is a comphrensive description of User Forums?

I have a classmates that wants to have a 50 page document as the basis for discussion and I don't know how to deal with that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed

Monday, February 15, 2010 at 11:40 PM - Response #4

Attachments in the User Forums can be up to 10 megs. If you need to attach something even larger you'd need to upload the attachment to your File Vault and then link to it from your forums. Most people would have no need to attach files larger than 10 megs to the User Forums but if you do let me know if you need any assistance using your File Vault for this purpose.

We have never created a manual for the User Forums, for the most part we've tried to include any necessary instructions right where people would need them, such as how to subscriber to the forums, etc. By and large the User Forums work similar to any other forums you'd find online, most people will get the hang of it after using it for a little while.

Edited 02/15/10 11:41 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.