ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/25/12 08:24 AM Views: 1437 Replies: 6
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Hi. My list of Missing Classmates are those we have really been unable to locate over the years. There are only 12 of them (out of our 486 classmates). When I edit the Missing page I put my own words and list format on the page. When I look at the Missing Page as a member, the format is changed and I see "canned" words at the top. How can I have the Missing Page appear exactly as I formatted it?
Thanks.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM - Response #1

Camile,

Your website has TWO "Missing Classmates" pages. One is the standard one. The other one is a CUSTOM PAGE you have created. you have put your custom text in the custom page, but the custom page called "Missing Classmates" IS NOT ACTIVE. That is why your text doesn't display.

If you go to Edit Site Pages, and look closely at the list of pages, after "Customizable Link 6" is "Missing Classmates" (Customizable Link 7). This is the one where you did the editing of the text and is not active.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM - Response #2

Thank you!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM - Response #3

Our "missing" page is set so that all classmates are listed. Now that I have a more up-to-date master list, how do I delete the ones who are not missing, or make it so just those who are missing are listed. None of the choices given really fits this situation.

Thanks as always for your help!

Lynn Vega Pierce
PIONEERS62-50TH REUNION

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM - Response #4

Lynn,

you can set the "Not Missing" flag by doing the following:
Manage Classmates
Enter/Edit Classmates
Click DETAILS for a "Missing" but not really MISSING classmate,
check the "Missing Override" checkbox,
Save the changes

Missing Override:        
Classmates appear on your Missing Classmates page based on the criteria you have set. If this Classmate meets your criteria and you need to remove the name from your Missing Classmates page anyway check this box.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM - Response #5

Thank you! I have finally gotten the hang of it. However,
although I am the Administrator of the "Pioneers62-50threunion, I cannot login! I am usually always logged in. My power went out today and maybe that had something to do with it, but I just tried three times, the screen said "login successful", but I was sent right back to the login page!

Help!

Thank you,
Lynn Vega Pierce

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM - Response #6

Sound like you need to read this: http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.cfm#faqs8-8

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.