ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Separate classes, same year

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/13/12 10:15 PM Views: 1208 Replies: 4
Friday, April 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Greetings,

The Committee is concerned that their two graduating classes in the same year will be merged on the Classmate Profile page.

The class had two graduations: February and June.
They would like to have each group alphabetized, but separated.

Is there a way to do this? Perhaps even with icons, such as those used for photos, military, etc?

Thanks,

Bob

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM - Response #1

The way other classes are doing it is with "(FEB)" and "(JUN)" after their last name. They will still be listed alphabetically, but you can see when they graduated.

Before the year is over, there should be custom icons you can create and add to the Classmate Profile page. Then you would be able to filter by "FEB" or "JUN" or "Cheerleader", or "Choir", or any other icon/category you want to create. This feature is not available yet, but is being worked on.

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM - Response #2

Hey Kyle,

Thanks; I was thinking of something like that, maybe an asterisk, but I like (FEB) and (JUN) better.

Glad you're working on the custom icons idea.

Bob

Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM - Response #3

Hi Kyle,
"The Committee" doesn't seem to like the February group, and wants to segregate them (or, at least "she" does). Sad

So, what if I were to preface each LAST NAME field for the February grads with zz so that they would appear after the last "Z" in the June grads list?

There are about 70 names for those Febs, so it would take a little time; does this seem plausible to you?

Thanks,
Bob

Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 8:42 AM - Response #4

That would work

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.