ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Admin-entered Classmate Profile details

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/10/10 04:57 PM Views: 1310 Replies: 7
Friday, December 10, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I have been trying to understand the "Show Admin-entered Classmate Profile details prior to Classmate joining the site" option at Manage Classmates. I've tried various sub options for that, clicked around on the Classmates page, logged off/on, and can't find out where this option 'activates'.

Any general background info on this option somewhere?

We have entered some addresses from various sources in 'Details' for classmates that have not joined the site, and would like to display this information in the profile to classmates that have joined the site, for their 'review' to see if the information looks legitimate.

Friday, December 10, 2010 at 5:15 PM - Response #1

ADDRESSES are on the "Details" page, not the "Profiles" page. This option is only for PROFILE DATA.

Addresses are considered personal and are never shown before a classmate joins the website and gives permission to show that information.

So to make this work, enter something like "Class Clown" in the "Profile Comments" section and it will show up when you have "Show Admin-entered classmate Profile details" selected.

Kyle

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM - Response #2

We have 4 classmates with phone number in addition to address but the phone number doesn't appear in the classmate profile only the address.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 6:39 PM - Response #3

You might be seeing a phone number that was there on the UPLOAD, but the classmate didn't enter a phone number, so they don't want it displayed.

If you have a phone number in your UPLOAD spreadsheet, it gets saved in a phone number field that only the admin can see. If the classmate then enters a phone number when the classmate joins the website, the admin will then see the new phone number. The reason for this is because the admin could have paid for a service to provide phone numbers for his/her classmates. If the classmate deleted the phone number from his profile and it also deleted the phone number that the admin paid for, the admin might have lost some valuable information that he paid for.

If the classmate enters a phone number, the classmate must choose to display the phone number on his profile. If he chooses not to display it, it won't display and it will remain private.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 1:44 PM - Response #4

I have made other adjustments to classmate profiles such as zip codes, address misspelling etc. and have been able to save and display. Is the phone number change excluded, I have some classmates that are not very good at the internet.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 8:54 AM - Response #5

Do you have an example of the classmate you are talking about? Maybe just give first initial and last name (since these forums are public).

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 1:49 PM - Response #6

I have 4 guys:
B. Bowman
E. Dundon
J. Foster
G. Werking

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 5:22 PM - Response #7

Each of these classmates have opted to not enter a telephone number, so the phone number you are seeing in your Manage Classmates DETAILS page is one you added or uploaded with your class list.

Since they didn't enter a phone number, they must not want it known.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.