ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Visibility - unable to change

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/11 11:45 AM Views: 1285 Replies: 8
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I am attempting to change the Profile Visibility option for classmates who have no access to the internet. Why can’t I, as the administrator, make this change. Instead I get a very long message that starts with the sentence “You are attempting to turn on a security feature for a Classmate who has not yet joined your site.” It then goes on to say if I change this before my classmates join, they won't be able to see their own profile (assuming they eventually get internet access).

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 12:35 PM - Response #1

This feature is really meant for the classmates who have active profiles on the site. If you were able to turn it off, they would never be able to access their own account in order to eventually join. I'm not sure why you are wanting to change the setting for a member who does not have an active profile.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM - Response #2

I'm curious where you see this feature. Thanks.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 1:39 PM - Response #3

For the classmates withuot internet access, we are still creating a profile so all other classmates can see it. We created a form for them to fill out and we manually enter the data. Some didn't want the public to see their profile.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 1:41 PM - Response #4

It's near the bottom of the individual's profile page.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM - Response #5

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM - Response #6

Thanks for jumping in with the answer Tom! Smile

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM - Response #7

Any response to my posting of "July 20, 2011 at 1:39 PM"

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 11:18 AM - Response #8

Sorry Tom - just reread the post. There is not a specific question there. But if you are looking for where to set the profile privacy, you go to Manage Classmates > ENter / Edit Classmates > Profile next to the name and scroll to the bottom to the Profile Visibility setting.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.