ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

background for the announcement area

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/26/13 10:22 AM Views: 1373 Replies: 15
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I would like to put a Christmas background on the entire announcement page, but, can't figure out how to do this. I know there is options at the bottom to add solid color, but, I have a pattern I would like to use. So far, when I try and add background to the page, all I got was a small square of the pattern, how do I cover the entire announcement area ? Thanks

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM - Response #1

I think you have them stumped? Or they are on the road for Thanksgiving??
I like the idea of dressing up the announcement page, be it one or all of them.

Edited 11/26/13 10:21 PM
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM - Response #2

It can be done, Karen, I've seen it on other sites, but, I haven't figured out how, yet.. Stay tuned..

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM - Response #3

Hi Lynda and Karen,

Lynda... your post reminded me that I owe someone exactly what you want. Yikes! I'm sure the staff has been busy today with the holiday almost here and what is to come... soon!

The backgrounds I have seen are in tables, as I shared with Lynda recently on TAP.

Ah ha.... I think what you want is to put a background into announcements, as they are on the home page. While it MIGHT be possible (I do not know), however, I would make a table on my home page, insert the background into the code I gave you earlier, Lynda, and go from there.

Karen, have you viewed the sample Christmas page on TAP under SAMPLE PAGES? That is the idea, I believe. RIght, Lynda?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 11:57 PM - Response #4
Christmas Wish:Prayer.jpg

Well the only way I could think of is create a document with a background and put your text, clip art on top and then save as a jpg.
This was a quick sample. Haven't tested yet since it's for Christmas. Maybe???

Looks like my attachment won't open.

Edited 11/27/13 12:06 AM
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 2:49 AM - Response #5

Table background is set in a source mode with ...

background="name-of-someimage.jpg" (jpg or gif)

You can also set "td" cells using same keyword.

There are also CSS ways to do this in case you examine something and you don't see either of theseShocked

Edit - Here's a LINK describing.

Edited 11/27/13 2:50 AM
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 7:05 AM - Response #6

Gwen, I was trying to put the background you sent me on the announcement page, but, that was the problem, I didn't make a table. I haven't worked with the tables very much, but, will try it again.. Thanks

Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM - Response #7

Lynda, Put the code into SOURCE on a page. Then find the location of the background you want to use in your File Vault. (Right click, COPY IMAGE LOCATION.) The the source code I sent you, find the location of the background. It is withing quotation marks and begins with http. I believe it ends with gif. Highlight all of that and paste your image location; it will overwrite what was there. SAVE and you should be good to go!

Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM - Response #8

Lynda Laughner wrote:

I would like to put a Christmas background on the entire announcement page, but, can't figure out how to do this. I know there is options at the bottom to add solid color, but, I have a pattern I would like to use. So far, when I try and add background to the page, all I got was a small square of the pattern, how do I cover the entire announcement area ? Thanks

Can you post a copy of the back ground. I have one on my front page site also I did one on my Veterans page

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM - Response #9

Lynda, we made a separate box inserted into the announcement area with the background. As you add content, the length of the box grows with your content. We did not put a background into the Announcement box. That could be an item for the wishlist though.
Smile

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM - Response #10

Gwen Corey wrote:

Lynda, we made a separate box inserted into the announcement area with the background. As you add content, the length of the box grows with your content. We did not put a background into the Announcement box. That could be an item for the wishlist though.
Smile

Gwen helped me and it worked great, here is my web site and how it looks http://www.roswellnmelcoyote63.com/

Thanks Gwen

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM - Response #11

Looks great, William..

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM - Response #12

Gwen, I saved your answers and advice. Maybe I'll try it another time.. I just went with the solid green background for now.. I have the announcement page all set up, don't want to start over.. Thanks for you help..

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM - Response #13

Jack . . . Bothell H.S.
I'm interested in changing the look on our site and would like to know how to use a photo to change our header and also our background on the right side. Can you send me some instructions, please. Thanks. Kathy

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM - Response #14

William . . . Roswell . . . I would like to personalize our site with photos as you have used in your header. What template did you use ? Can you give me some advice ? Thanks. Kathy

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM - Response #15

William and Jack . . . I watched the video on how to 'personalize' the site. Me thinks the Learning Curve is above my head, so no need to take the time to respond. Would love to learn how to do this, but got lost at "open document in background." Shocked

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.