Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Yearbook Photos Disappeared

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/10/10 03:17 PM Views: 1594 Replies: 7
Friday, December 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM

ClassCreator . . .

I have lost 85+% of my Yearbook Photos on our website www.crossland1969.com

I thought maybe it was just a internet thing or my server problem, but it has been over six hours and no Yearbook Photos now. I even went in and deleted a single classmate's Yearbook Photo and then uploaded a new photo and it is still showing no photo (box with red X) on classmate's profile. I get the same results (boxes with red X) on Classmate Profile page when I select "Show Yearbook Photo".

If I missed an Administrator update on this matter I apologize in advance.
If not, please let me know what my problem could be.

Thanks in advance.

CAV

Edited 12/11/10 7:48 AM
Friday, December 10, 2010 at 7:06 PM - Response #1

Investigating. Stay tuned for response most likely Monday.

Friday, December 10, 2010 at 9:09 PM - Response #2

Hey Brad . . . You must of waved your magic "fix it" wand because the Yearbook Photos for the entire Class of '69 have re-appeared. I appreciate your quick response.

Should I ask "What happen?" or Should I just be happy that the problem is FIXED and leave the technical stuff to You and your staff?

Kudos . . . have a great weekend.

...CAV...

ps. You know that I will take 100% of the credit for fixing the "Mystery of the Disappearing Yearbook Photos" if asked by my '69 classmates. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy I'm a website genius in my classmate's eyes ... thanks to you and your staff ... so remember if you or the ClassCreator Office ever receive that phone call from one of my '69 classmates ... please tell them that CAV is your top IT guy and You do not know how You would function without me!!!

Friday, December 10, 2010 at 9:14 PM - Response #3

He waved his magic wand which led to us realizing that a security software we'd installed yesterday was the culprit... a minor configuration change solved the problem!

Friday, December 10, 2010 at 9:57 PM - Response #4

Software culprit??? No, I need more . . . something “techie” . . . I have to sound convincing when I explain the “Fix” to my classmates. “Culprit” is that all You got ???

… and what is this “MINOR configuration change” … come on Rick I know You can do better than that!!! How about mentioning how You had to “accelerate the amplitude of the bandwidth to accept a higher resolution Yearbook photo??? At the bare minimum . . . it should have been a MAJOR configuration change that solved the "Disappearing Yearbook photo" problem!

Kudos!
...CAV...

Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 2:18 AM - Response #5

He told me all that stuff first and I just rolled my eyes and told him to keep it simple. Smile

Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM - Response #6

Brad, could you give me an idea of a stock photo to upload for those classmates that don't have a yearbook photo? We are trying to generate nametags for our reunion and would like to add pics to those classmate's nametags.

Also, I would like to add "Guest" to the ones for the spouses.

I remember seeing that someone used a cute stock photo but I can't find it again.

Thanks,

Mickie

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM - Response #7

Try searching images.google.com for something relevant to your interest for a replacement image.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.