ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery notices

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/14/14 11:29 AM Views: 804 Replies: 4
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM

We have our Photo Gallery open to classmates to post but only show their pictures after approving them, at which point notices go out that new photos are available.

I'm puzzled about getting notices that say there are new "Gallery" photos when they're just posted on profile pages. I think that's misleading. There's a big difference between album topics which we monitor and profile pictures which are unlimited and not categorized.

The Notify Me options should distinguish between them and only announce new profile photos on people we subscribe to. It's too many emails to get every snapshot that's added on a multi-year site. And those shouldn't say "Gallery Photo" if it's on a classmate's page and not in the Photo Gallery.

Edited 05/14/14 11:36 AM
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM - Response #1

When the new Social profile format was released, profile photos were labeled as being in a profile's "Photo Gallery". That was unlcear and confused with the system photo galleries, and was changed to "Photos".

Unfortunatly, references to profile photos in some places have not been updated to reflect the change and should probably refer to "Profile Photos".

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM - Response #2

John, that clarification would help some, but I'd still like to control which profile photos I hear about even while I want to be notified of All actual Photo Gallery changes.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:00 PM - Response #3

In theory, you have that now - in your Notify Me options. But there's another thread here somewhere reporting that people are getting "Photo Gallery" update notifies when anyone updates a profile photo. I'm sure that's being addressed (or maybe even fixed by now), and if the notify for profile photos is changed to mirror the one for "Comment Added" using "Photo Added" that should resolve any confusion.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:43 PM - Response #4

Yes, I've opted to be notified of Gallery Photos so I'm getting all photos notifications. It would work great of the profile photos could use the same notice as the profile text changes. Then those could be limited to just the people we want.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.