ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading New Classmate Info

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/13/09 01:55 PM Views: 1181 Replies: 3
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I am updating our classlists with mailing address info. After I started doing it on Excel, I read the site and got the impression that I can't mass batch it all in. Is this right? If I want to update info for an already existing classmates, do I have to do it in the system one person at a time?

Thanks!

Edited 01/13/09 2:03 PM
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM - Response #1

Yes, unless somebody hasn't joined the site yet, in which case you could "Reset Class List" for just those people. And then you could batch them in again.

For obvious reasons we don't allow batch imports to overwrite data supplied by the Classmate. For instance, if a Classmate joined yesterday and inputted his or her most recent street address, and you batched in your list today and it had an outdated address on it, all of a sudden the Classmate's current street address would be gone and replaced by your old one. Same scenario would apply to any of the Contact Details fields.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM - Response #2

I am only updating info for people who have yet to create accounts.

If I reset the classmates, do I have to select NOT to reset people who have already registered or will the sytem automatically keep those people?

I am so faron my list, I'd hate to manually put all the people I already put into Excel into the system one at a time.

Thanks so much!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM - Response #3

Yes, make sure you DESELECT any active Classmates you do NOT wish to delete. If you select everybody, it really will delete everybody, regardless of whether they've joined your site or not. So please be careful and make sure only non-members are selected before you hit the Reset button.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.