ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding a Tab at the top of the page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/24/08 06:38 PM Views: 1315 Replies: 5
Monday, November 24, 2008 at 6:38 PM

I read someone's post before about how they added another tab to the top of their page (beside the In Memory, Classmate Profile and Homepage tabs). I would like to do that for my tribute page as it will never go away, it will only be updated, but I don't know if this is really something that can be done. If this can be done, detailed instructions are requested.

Thanks,

Vicki

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 6:57 PM - Response #1

No, you cannot change the designs and/or tabs. Not on the currently designs at least (you'll be able to do this when the Photoshop designs launch). On the post you're referring to I believe somebody was trying to create their own custom tab at the top of the body area of the page. One could do this pretty easily by uploading a custom graphic and making it clickable, or adding some colored table cells up there. But in terms of adding something to the design and any existing tabs along the top, for now the answer is no.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 3:44 PM - Response #2

Ok so you know that we have to ask...when are the Photoshop designs are coming? No rush...just curious.

Thanks!

Vicki

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 3:52 PM - Response #3

Hopefully early 2009. We have a lot going on with improvements being made daily, but we are still looking at early next year.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 4:58 PM - Response #4

Rhonda is correct, we won't even start programming on these until 2009, and I think these will go under a paid umbrella along with other more advanced services, as my gut feeling on these is they will require considerable support.

For those who are good with Photoshop it will be easy though. Change the design in any way you want keeping within the space we've provided, hit save for the web, and the preset slices will automaticlly save out, then simply upload the slices back to the site with the tools we'll be providing, and voila, you've got an entirely customized site.

You can actually see the 3 initial Advanced PS Designs here: http://www.classcreator.com/photoshopdesigns.html

At a minimum people can turn off a layer and simply replace an object, such as a photo, by and large keeping the structure of the design in tact. But at a maximum, you can blank out the entire area we've provided and replace it with whatever you want, save out for the web, and you'll truly have your own custom made design working within the Class Creator system.

Edited 11/25/08 6:01 PM
Friday, November 28, 2008 at 7:42 PM - Response #5

I really like those new layouts. Even it was a paid side of the site, I would be willing to pay...providing it isn't too costly! Looking forward to all of the upgrades!

Thanks all!

Vicki

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.