ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Animated ClipArt Not Working Any More

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/22/09 08:19 PM Views: 1580 Replies: 2
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Some of my animated .gif clipart is no longer animated. I tried deleting the clipart and uploading it again, and the clipart doesn't move.

Any idea what happened?

Vicky
Crestwood High School
Class of 1972
Multi-Year Website

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM - Response #1

I see lots of animated gifs on your web site. Which image in particualr is supposed to be moving, and is not moving?

Note, make sure you don't upload animated images that are too large to fit into the space available on your page. If you do that, our system will resize the image to a size that will fit on your page and only the first frame of the animation will be preserved.

If you need a good image resizing program that will preserve animated frames, grab Irfanview from www.irfanview.com. Size your gif animation down to a size that will fit your page, and then upload the smaller animation.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 6:46 PM - Response #2

Vicky Czajka wrote:

Some of my animated .gif clipart is no longer animated. I tried deleting the clipart and uploading it again, and the clipart doesn't move.

Any idea what happened?

Vicky
Crestwood High School
Class of 1972
Multi-Year Website

Vicky,

I get that issue sometimes, where they don't move, or they don't show up at all. Brad helped me figure out that it wasn't my website, or the way the animations are on my site, but the host site. If the host site goes down, then your animations are affected because they aren't being supported by the host site.

Hope this helps!

Vicki

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.