ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Unable to update site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/11/11 05:48 PM Views: 1333 Replies: 4
Friday, November 11, 2011 at 5:48 PM

For the last couple of days I have been unable to save changes to my home page. Anyone else having this issue?

Friday, November 11, 2011 at 8:08 PM - Response #1

Now I have worked on our site both of the past 2 days.

Friday, November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM - Response #2

I have had problems for about a week....whatever was wrong they have fixed it, because it is ok now. They kept telling me it was my computer, but after I told them it was happening regardless of what computer I was on, they did something at their in and now it is fine.

Friday, November 11, 2011 at 9:20 PM - Response #3

Well, I'll try again tomorrow - still not working tonight after rebooting, changing computers..... grrrrrr!! At least I was able to get the word out by sending an email to all members, and it even allowed me to update the survey page. It just won't let me update the home page.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 9:18 AM - Response #4

Ron,

Internet Explorer has problems with the editor we are using. We are going to switch out the current editor for an updated editor in the next few weeks.

Until that time, you can turn on the COMPATIBILITY MODE for Internet Explorer and it should fix the problem for you. Here is how to do that.

Try selecting the "Tools" menu on the upper portion of your browser window. If you don't see "Compatibility Mode" there, or don't see the Tools menu, then try hitting the F12 key on your keyboard. If you do see "Compatibility Mode" click on it to enable that feature, and it should fix the problem.

If you've hit the F12 key, then look for the text that says "Browser Mode:" (a menu in the new panel that comes up) and click on that. It should bring up a menu on which you can click "Internet Explorer 8" to fix the problem. Make sure that after you click on it, the part where it says "Browser Mode:" is followed by "Internet Explorer 8". The page will reload, and then you can close the Developer Tools portion and go back to using your site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.