ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmates listed as missing, but have physical address

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/13/09 08:18 AM Views: 2042 Replies: 8
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 8:18 AM

I know when I started this site, I read somewhere that if I had my option for missing set as no email that I could go in and type no email for a classmate that has no email, but their information is correct. This would be a way to move them from the missing list. I tried to go in and type "noemail" as the email address to take them off the missing list. When I do this it tells me it is not a valid email. So how can I move people from missing with no email.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM - Response #1

In the email field just type in "notmissing" and it will override this for you.

Just curious, are you needing some other type of Missing Classmate option that we've not included?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 8:14 PM - Response #2

OK Brad I'm going into the manage classmates menu then I'm doing enter/edit classmates then I go to the classmate and edit them, in the primary email slot, I've put notmissing, but when I save it another page comes up and says
ERROR: The Primary Email address notmissing is invalid.
So am I doing something wrong. I don't know if there is something that may be missing or not. But this is my dilema, I have classmates that do not use a computer, (believe it or not) I have verified thier mailing address and updated thier profile but it still list them on the "missing classmates" page. I figured the no email field would be the best to chose for the criteria of missing because I have mailing address for a lot of them from our 20th reunion, but not sure if they have changed since then. Should I chose another criteria?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM - Response #3

That's ok, you can keep using that criteria. We just added the ability to override this with "notmissing" but clearly something regarding email validation we didn't anticiapte. I'll have a programmer hit this in the morning and correct it so "motmissing" will in fact work, hang tight.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 8:14 AM - Response #4

Thank you Brad, you are awesome!!!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 12:27 PM - Response #5

Oh silly me. We made it "not missing", not "notmissing". I.E. there is a space between not and missing. I'll ask the programmers to make both ways work though.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 1:11 PM - Response #6

THANK YOU!!!!! Once again you have came to my rescue!!! It worked like a charm.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 8:17 AM - Response #7

I add "no email" in the space for their married name. Then it comes up on the classmates list. I also add "contacted" if someone has told them about the site. Or we have their email address and they are getting the mass emails, but just haven't signed on. Then we leave them alone. Every time we send out a mass email we get one or two who will sign on.

Brad a feature like that might be nice. Then we know who to spend our time convincing, that it is a cool site to check out.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 6:23 PM - Response #8

When we complete the new pre-selection option for mass emails you will be able to select members or non-members.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.