ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/01/10 08:44 PM Views: 1307 Replies: 2
Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I know what the problem is I just can't locate my problem in the source. Somewhere I have something larger than the 390 pixels we are allowed. I have been over and over all the sizes and I can't find where it is. My announcements start below the list of things on the right. I know our wonderful staff at Class Creator can spot this right away, so would someone there please fix it for me and then is there an way for the untrained eye to easily spot these problems.

Thanks
Esther

Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 8:51 AM - Response #1

Esther,

I have been through your announcement a couple of times and still cannot discover what is causing the problems, so I am going to tell you how to solve this yourself.

first, I discovered that some places you have a " " before or after an image that is at the maximum width of 390. This will cause the announcement to bump down to the bottom. I fixed all of these that I could find. As you probably know, the   is a non-wrappable space, so any text/image before or after the character needs to stay on the same line as that character/image.

Here is how to solve your problem.
1. Create a new announcement (it doesn't have to be visible/active)
2. copy your old announcement one segment at a time into the new announcement. You might want to use SOURCE for this, but it isn't necessary.
3. After each copy/paste operation, SAVE the new announcement and click on the VIEW button. The VIEW button will display your home page in a new window WITH JUST THAT ANNOUNCEMENT SHOWING. If the view shows that the announcement is at the bottom of your page, then the problem code is in that section that you just pasted.
4. Make adjustments to your new announcement and VIEW again. If it now doesn't cause the announcement to bump to the bottom, then you can make the same changes to your Home Page Announcement.
5. click the VIEW button of your Home Page Announcement and see if the changes you made in step 4 solved the problem.
6. If problem solved, you can delete the new test announcement. If not solved, repeat from step 2 with the next segment of your announcement.

Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 5:26 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle,

Yea!!! I fixed the problem, thank you, thank you, thank you!
It took me a while because I have been super busy with other things and just now getting to work on it.

Class Creator is a blessing to all of us.

Esther

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.