ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading an .wav file

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/07/09 12:01 PM Views: 2825 Replies: 20
Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I have made one of my customizable pages devoted to our Senior Musical "Good News". I have taken a snippet from the movie and converted it into a wav file.
I thought I had uploaded it into my file vault.
I'd like to place the wav file on the Senior Musical page so when people click on the link to it on the left, the resulting page opens up and the wav file automatically starts to play.

How do I do this?

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM - Response #1

Inside File Vault, next to your file, click the Insert link. That will automatically insert a link to the wav file on the page.

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 3:35 PM - Response #2

If you want the music to play automatically on a page, copy this code and then replace the URL for the music that will play with the URL for the music that you want to play.

When you paste the above code, remember to click the SOURCE button on the page you want the music to start playing on. And then replace the text that is between the quote marks after src=" and the ending quote.

Let me know if you still need more help.

If you follow Brad's comments above, it will insert the link to the music. They will need to click on the link to get the music to play. In the SOURCE view, you should be able to see the File Vault address of the link so you could use the same address for the above EMBED code.

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM - Response #3

Wow... It worked.... Isn't life grand! I amaze myself!
Thanks!

Now... I have two other songs from the show... Could I cut/past those to come on after this wav file?

I'm unsure how to make/create a playlist etc... That might be easier...

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 5:34 PM - Response #4

Brian Bentson wrote:

Wow... It worked.... Isn't life grand! I amaze myself!
Thanks!

Now... I have two other songs from the show... Could I cut/past those to come on after this wav file?

I'm unsure how to make/create a playlist etc... That might be easier...

No, Autoplay only works for one wav file. If you embedded the above two times, you would get a duet (both playing at the same time). You would need a playlist. Or you would need to combine all three songs into one wav file.

Try Reverb Nation for your playlist. I haven't used it, but I hear it is good for your own uploaded music.

Reverb Nation - upload your own music files from your computer, create a playlist of one or more songs, then embed a very cool music player on your web site. Nice!

http://www.reverbnation.com/

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 5:43 PM - Response #5

OK !
Thanks!

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM - Response #6

I just went and signed up to the blog you thought would be helpful, but I do not see where you can upload your own songs if you are a fan. It's a pay sight if your an artist. And the wigets are not downloadable. You can only use them on their sight...

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 6:10 PM - Response #7

From what I read on THIS forum, it says that you need to sign up as the artist and then you can add the player to your website. It didn't mention that you have to pay for the service.

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=B405B946-AD8D-F404-C237D0DCEF7BBD0F#B405B946-AD8D-F404-C237D0DCEF7BBD0F

It says "Join now for free" on the top line of their website.

Edited 11/07/09 6:11 PM
Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 10:09 PM - Response #8

I have been trying to play a single song on one page and have tried to follow this thread but it just doesn't seem to work for me. I have been trying it on a test page called Music Test. What am I doing wrong?

Here is what I have in the source code:

Thanks,
Jim

Edited 06/16/10 10:20 PM
Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 11:31 PM - Response #9

NOTHING. It worked for me on FireFox. I went to your custom page 5 and there was a music player and I clicked the play button and I heard some strange music (no offense).

I then tried it on Internet Explorer. It first wanted me to install the music player, but then after that, it worked just like FireFox.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM - Response #10

I just tried it again and all I get is a blank page with a grey rectangle at the top with another small grey box inside that with a red x in it??

I don't have FireFox but I want it to work with IE. Is this a lost cause?

Thanks,
Jim

The music is something I found on the computer that was from Microsoft -- I just needed a .mid file. It's only a test page.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 8:05 AM - Response #11

do you get any bars at the top of the screen when you use Internet Explorer that say something like "a plug-in needs to load"? If you right-click on the grey rectangle, what does it say in the menu? Is there something that says update Windows Media Player or something like that?

What version of IE are you using?

Like I said, it worked for my IE, but only after installing the plug-in that was required.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 11:45 PM - Response #12

That was it!! There was a little horizontal bar at the top that I had to click before it would play. Thanks!

Thanks,
jim

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 12:39 AM - Response #13

Glad I could help.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 2:34 PM - Response #14

Kyle - I tried to use the link you provided so that a wav file would open automatically in my 60th Birthday Bash page, but something went wrong, but I don't know how to fix it. Can you please take a look?

Thanks... Betsy

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 3:24 PM - Response #15

I figured it out. I just created a playlist on playlist.com and embedded the code on that page. YAY!
Check it out. Click on 60th Birthday Bash.

Betsy

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 3:49 PM - Response #16

Betsy Crittenden wrote:

I figured it out. I just created a playlist on playlist.com and embedded the code on that page. YAY!
Check it out. Click on 60th Birthday Bash.

Betsy

We can't see the 60th Birthday Bash page because it is for registered users only.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM - Response #17

Give me a second and I'll unlock it.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 3:52 PM - Response #18

You should be able to get into it now.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM - Response #19

Betsy Crittenden wrote:

You should be able to get into it now.

Nice Job!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 4:09 PM - Response #20

Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.