ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Asterisk New Posts in this Forum List

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/13/09 05:01 AM Views: 1516 Replies: 6
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 5:01 AM

Is there anyway to know when there is a new post on a thread within a forum??

Can you put an asterisk by the forum, & then within that forum, put an asterisk in the thread with new posts, that way, we'll know when there is a new posting.

If this is already being done, I'm soooo sorry, delete this posting.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM - Response #1

Already can. In your case, when you're at the thread level you just want to click on "Subscribe to this thread" at the bottom of the page.

From the main forums page you can subscribe to all new topics in ANY forum. From the forum page itself you can respond to all new topics posted just within that forums. And from the thread itself you can subscribe to just that individual thread, which means you'll get email notifications of every new response added to the thread.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM - Response #2

Subscribe to receiving the emails as new responses are added. Then you will be alerted everytime.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 7:16 AM - Response #3

I don't want to be bombarded with emails.
I want to check this whole forum at my leasure. It needs an icon or a color code when something new is posted in each forum, ie General Questions, planning a great reunion, suggestions & feedback. Now if there is an icon, on one of those forums, you know something new has been posted within there.
You can click on the link & then there will be a list on 'items' with in the form on specific subjects. IE in the Third Party plug in group, there are LOTS of subjects. If something new like 'video player', have the title be a certain color or have another icon by the title. If there isn't anything new like "How do I put PayPal buttons on my site?" don't put anything by its title.

Am I being too picky

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM - Response #4

Have you tried RSS (top-right corner next to Logout)? It will give you the last (newest) 20 messages from any given forum.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 6:02 PM - Response #5

On my browsers (both Chrome and Firefox) the color of the thread changes when I have read it. I just look for the threads in blue so I can read them then they change to red.

Right now I have not been the forum for a week (trade show in Vegas) and I am going through all the topics and reading the blue threads.

See this Jing http://screencast.com/t/pC7yKcN3GJ

Edited 01/18/09 6:46 PM
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM - Response #6

If you were at CES (trade show in Vegas), color me GREEN!!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.