ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Inactive page is active

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/07/21 01:44 PM Views: 3325 Replies: 2
Friday, May 7, 2021 at 1:44 PM

I have two pages on my site that were not checked as active and yet the pages were viewable. I have checked and unchecked the link check box in edit pages a number of times to see if that would have an affect but no luck. Right now I am leaving them checked as active because I want to make sure they are active, but I cannot make them inactive if I wanted to. Am I doing something wrong? Could it be that if I have created a hyperlink to a page it is going to be active whether the box is checked or not?

Friday, May 7, 2021 at 2:24 PM - Response #1

Making pages inactive removes them from menus, but anyone who has saved (or can view) the URL pointing to those pages - and that include search engines - can still view them.

When you create a page, that creates a link to that page. Even if you never make a new page active and never tell anyone that it exists, you can go to that page by creating a bookmark with that link - or simply pasting that link in your browser's address bar.

So in reality, a page itself is never really "inactive"... It can only be hidden since the menu item pointing to that page can be turned on and off.

Friday, May 7, 2021 at 2:35 PM - Response #2

Perfect answer. Many thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.